Author Topic: VemsTune and 1.1.6x release  (Read 163958 times)

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
Re: VemsTune and 1.1.6x release
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 09:29:48 pm »
As long as Vemstune has compatability problems with (eg Prolific) USB to serial converters it cannot, in my view, be considered even as an equal to the old, clunky and above all RELIABLE Megatune. 

I simply don't care how fancy (and good) the interface and innovative tuning helpers have got if it fails at square one - simply talking reliably to the ECU. 

I really do like the features and tools in VEMS tune, but with reliability and connectivity issues, it's a non-starter for me unless I have an ECU on my bench-tester connected to a desktop with a real serial port.

Fix that, and I will delete Megatune from my laptop with pleasure!

Offline Sambas

• Sandwiches
  • BHP: 15
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 10:38:06 pm »
Latest firmware is out, but no separate cranking and afterstart as said on the Wiki.
Is this a .ini file problem?

Use todays VT beta build, it does have files for 1.1.63.
Firmware, Software and Hardware

Offline lugnuts

• BHP: 2
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 12:29:25 am »
I really like the "arrow" buttons at the bottom of each tuning window!

With Autronic, this would be done using the "Page Up"/"Page Down" keys. Very useful!

I was going to suggest, can we get the "Review Mode" back from MT? It allows quick browsing thru the entire calibration menu.

Are we now limited to 4x4 tables for the cranking and afterstart enrichments?

I would place a "strong wish" on the following:
- Simple WheelSpeed vs. Boost Duty (open loop)
- Injector Dead Time Table
- Individual Injector Trims
- MLV Compatability

Suggestion - you could put a setting for "Beginner Mode" and "Advanced Mode" - the "Advanced Mode" would have all of the latest tricks.

You could lock out the "Advanced Mode" with a password as well.

This would be an alternative to having 5 versions of basically the same software / ini files

Than you for the updates!

Kevin

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 02:22:32 am »
I really like the "arrow" buttons at the bottom of each tuning window!

With Autronic, this would be done using the "Page Up"/"Page Down" keys. Very useful!

VT have same hotkey as Firefox migrating between tabs: Alt-Tab. IMO better than buttons for mouse.

Gints

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 05:28:00 pm »
I would like this thread to focus on things that DON'T WORK, rather than "I want this feature, I want that feature".

Things like having functional datalogging (internal or MLV), and trouble-free serial port communication are the two biggest issues to me right now.

Firmware features can be discussed in another thread. Some of Andreys work should be looked at and integrated, I'm just not sure of how to make that happen - hopefully Marcell is reading this. But like I said, that should wait until the tuning software actually works to most peoples satisfaction.

Offline Jamo

• BHP: 6
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 05:48:43 pm »
New Beta version is out, if you install it into a different directory from default and then in vemstunes set your default directory it shows your default directory greyed out
If you save a file it uses the default setting
If you open a file it always goes to the folder defaultfirmwareconfigs directory instead of the set default

Offline GintsK

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 06:46:21 pm »
One more thing in VT seems not work:
graphical editor for 2d graphs for warmup enrichment and others.

Offline GintsK

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 06:54:32 pm »
Another, maybe not so important:
Key shortcuts to dialogs.

Like  Alt+T-A - acceleration enricment.

Some of this work, but most part not because of same underlined letters used or no underlined letters at all.

Offline lugnuts

• BHP: 2
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 12:11:14 am »
I would like this thread to focus on things that DON'T WORK, rather than "I want this feature, I want that feature".

Things like having functional datalogging (internal or MLV), and trouble-free serial port communication are the two biggest issues to me right now.

- OK I agree totally.  I am 100% for having MLV compatibility as soon as possible.
- Probably 50% of my sales would not have happened without this excellent data logging/graphing ability.

- Bugs:
- The new VemsTune (11-27-09) hangs up when I got to close it out about 50%-75% of the time
- Several of the tuning windows open up to a very small size and must be expanded to see the settings.

<<<Firmware features can be discussed in another thread. Some of Andreys work should be looked at and integrated, I'm just not sure of how to make that happen - hopefully Marcell is reading this. But like I said, that should wait until the tuning software actually works to most peoples satisfaction.>>>

- OK, thanks.

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 12:12:01 am »
Ther appears to be no way out of full screen mode while in full screen mode and I cannot change it back even if I shut VT down though program manager

Just re installed VT and found that Shift-F11 toggles between, It may be usefull to have Escape as an exit from full screen mode as if like me, you never made note of the short cut ??? ::)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:17:24 am by Sprocket »

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 12:19:50 am »
I would like to see a 36-1 default for primary trigger settings :D

And, I would also like to see the return of the Expensive Misc outputs. These will give SO much more versatility, and satisfy evaporative emissions purging systems ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:22:17 am by Sprocket »

Offline Jamo

• BHP: 6
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 01:39:03 am »
Ther appears to be no way out of full screen mode while in full screen mode and I cannot change it back even if I shut VT down though program manager

Just re installed VT and found that Shift-F11 toggles between, It may be usefull to have Escape as an exit from full screen mode as if like me, you never made note of the short cut ??? ::)

LOL I did that when I 1st tried Vemstune, for me to exit should be ctrl+esc or alt+enter which is the universel default for exiting full screen.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 02:25:39 am »

LOL I did that when I 1st tried Vemstune, for me to exit should be ctrl+esc or alt+enter which is the universel default for exiting full screen.

You learn something every day :) I only have ever used Esc to exit anything in full screen mode ::)

Offline saxo_furio16v

• BHP: 0
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 02:57:33 pm »
there is an new version of vems tune online:

http://vems.hu/download/v3gui/VemsTune-Install-2009-12-04-testing.exe

does anybody know the changelog and whats new?

Offline [email protected]

• Administrator
  • BHP: 14
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 04:21:36 pm »
I can try to write down some changes since last one:
  • Help text for most settings dialogs (F1 when showing a settings dialog)
  • moved some settings to more logical placement
  • Shows current ECU or open file in status bar
  • Change multiple tagged cells in 2d table by entering a new number
  • View and Edit mode for gauge groups, edit mode is to move around and add/remove gauges.. still shift-alt + arrows is needed to change size of gauges
  • Doesnt play back log files automaticcaly when loading
  • Test version of integrated log viewer, hidden in gauge group Dev2 (hotkey shift-8)
  • Experimental "VE Tune by statistics" in tools menu, not good yet but sort of shows the idea, key "T" might be good to know when playing around in the table
  • Drag and drop config files, now not only for tables but for all settings dialogs. Just drop a config file on any settings window and only the data in the dialog is imported
  • Changed serial port code, may work better with bad usb-rs232 adapters, please report if someone that had problems before has more luck with this version.
Probably missed a lot, but this is at least something

With this version, also support for firmware 1.1.63, which has these important changes
  • linear Analog input calibration for showing in logs / vemstune, gauges are still accidentally called MCP3208 channel 0,1,2,5,6 and 7. Channel 3+4 is EGT inputs, and not shown here because of that
  • Cranking and afterstart is now split into 2 separate, but smaller tables
  • Acceleration enrichment dotrate is now shown in the curve
  • "Flags" available for N2O output and Injector stage2
  • Warning light
  • "expensive" misc outputs enabled
  • Separate idle threshold for ALS active

Issues I found so far:
  • VE tune by statistics is heavily under construction and crash the program easily, also does not have very good statistics yet.
  • Shows a somewhat unusable gauge group on startup
  • Bad size of log viewer, at least in 4:3 screens, you'll need to resize in edit mode with shift-alt+arrows, remember to right click and save
  • Log viewer does not automatically load new files, you'll need to close it and reopen (shift-8 + shift-8 for example) to see new file
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:57:45 pm by [email protected] »