Author Topic: nice features to have "request"  (Read 147751 times)

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Re: nice features to have "request"
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 05:07:12 pm »
You can use double relaz to disable N20 with warning chanel.

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 04:49:19 pm »
Gauge group editor

In Vemstune it would be nice to be able to introduce a 'Curve' such as Warmup enrichment curve, or PWM/ Stepper refference curve, into a 'Gauge Group', much in the way you can with a 'Table'

??

Offline LHK_audi_S2_Nor

• BHP: 1
Climate control input
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 01:40:20 am »
Hi
An input for registering that the ac compressor is on, and use it for increasing the IAC duty cycle. Preferably IAT compensated as the normal IAC operation.
Regards Leif-Helge
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:42:11 am by LHK_audi_S2_Nor »
Audi S2 engine code 3B on VEMS, FW 1.2.38

Offline krzak

• BHP: 2
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 02:25:16 am »
Please :)
Can you make gauge to show a raw values from the knock signal?

THANKS A LOT :)

Offline DevInAz

• BHP: 7
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 05:33:45 am »
Would it be reasonable to be able to change the road speed from KPH to MPH for those of use in the US? Besides just changing the frequency...  I'm sure you programmers are already busy but I thought I would toss the idea out there.

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 08:42:49 pm »
It shouldnt be much of an issue as the ECU will only be interested in pulse count - the unit of measurement is a human thing and should be in the tuning app

Offline piasek_13

• BHP: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 12:11:18 pm »
It would be good if Vemstune submenu-"Injector group table" has implemented some timer
to check static injectors flow (15s, 30s and 60s). This feature will help as to check injectors flow
in real car. Injector Trim menu already exist. It'll be best if we can check dynamic flow as well.

Offline Kenny Watson

• BHP: 3
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 08:20:28 pm »
"Lean Protect"

A fuel cut function, ideally defined in an 8x8 map of RPM vs MAP.

The maximum lambda for any given MAP/RPM is defined. If lambda goes over this threshold, cut fuel, or spark, or something.

Basically you define the alarm level at which, if the engine is too lean vs a certain boost level, we know something something is seriously wrong. Would be nice to have a "lean protect" flag so the event is logged.

This would be to protect from things like a fuel pressure regulator vaccuum line rupturing, fuel filter or pump issue, etc. Also an extra safety for people running methanol or nitrous in the event something clogs or whatever.

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 11:08:48 pm »
 VEMS has configurable warning light. Also for lean condition under load. Defined by lambda error.
Never on the public road or on the track engine cut off is not used. But you can try this output for switching something off. Fuel pump, boost solenoid, ignition... However it is not recommended due to safety. Boost solenoid cut is safe.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:48:00 am by GintsK »

Offline Kenny Watson

• BHP: 3
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 06:14:25 am »
VEMS has configurable warning light. Also for lean condition under load. Defined by lambda error.
Never on the public road or on the track engine cut off is not used. But you can try this output for switching something off. Fuel pump, boost solenoid, ignition... However it is not recommended due to safety. Boost solenoid cut is safe.

Thanks you sir! I missed the fact that the lambda setting for the warning light was actually error!!

That will basically do what I need! Cheers!

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 08:13:14 am »
A second wideband chanel function. Monitoring only, no closed loop control.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:26 pm »
That won't happen with the v3 hardware, but you can connect something to an analog input and log that.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 07:01:53 pm »
That won't happen with the v3 hardware, but you can connect something to an analog input and log that.

Fair enough :) I did think about logging the 5v. 5v is fine, but it is raw.

Ok what about this for an idea, and I am just shooting here:D what about having a configurable point for 'External Lambda Input', using a fixed, non configurable default 'Vems WBO2' scale. just a simple enable/ disable config point and an 'External lambda' gauge in group editor. IE, connect a Vems WBO2 gauge 5v out, to a spare V3 ADC in chanel, enable the 'External Lambda Input', select the chanel, then add the External Lambda Gauge in Group Editor.

the result would be two lambda gauges in a tuning window that have the same scale, and look the same, as if it were all one product.

I think this could be a selling point mainly for the Vee engines with two headers! We already have individual ignitionand injector trim. As a bonus the WBo2 gauge will also act as a display for the AIM data

The hardware is sorted, Vems V3 and Vems round WBO2, sorted! Full engine management with second wideband and dash display :) in two products!

You sell the product, now it's time to integrate them ;)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 01:39:40 pm »
I would love to have the sdcard logging on always, and always owerwrite the oldest,
so it would start every time the car is started with date and time if possible, so if anything happens, i can always connect the laptop and show the latest log.

Is this something that could be possible?

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 05:00:47 pm »

Fair enough :) I did think about logging the 5v. 5v is fine, but it is raw.

Ok what about this for an idea, and I am just shooting here:D what about having a configurable point for 'External Lambda Input', using a fixed, non configurable default 'Vems WBO2' scale. just a simple enable/ disable config point and an 'External lambda' gauge in group editor. IE, connect a Vems WBO2 gauge 5v out, to a spare V3 ADC in chanel, enable the 'External Lambda Input', select the chanel, then add the External Lambda Gauge in Group Editor.

the result would be two lambda gauges in a tuning window that have the same scale, and look the same, as if it were all one product.

I think this could be a selling point mainly for the Vee engines with two headers! We already have individual ignitionand injector trim. As a bonus the WBo2 gauge will also act as a display for the AIM data

The hardware is sorted, Vems V3 and Vems round WBO2, sorted! Full engine management with second wideband and dash display :) in two products!

You sell the product, now it's time to integrate them ;)

2nd this