Author Topic: how to measure the speed of wheels? Which algorithm?  (Read 23705 times)

Offline SamSpade

• BHP: 5
Re: how to measure the speed of wheels? Which algorithm?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 08:07:33 am »
This would be perfect with drive by wire. Which VEMS will have to upgrade to eventually...

... This will give us the possibility to make a lot of things like fly by wire and so...

Who's going to be responsible for the recalls if runaway acceleration happens.   :D :D :D

Offline mr_g

• BHP: 9
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 02:58:32 pm »
I am joust wondering if it could communicate with Vems by canbus.
I didn't know that v3.x has a canbus?! I have ATmega128 on my VEMS 3.3 and it doesn't have canbus abilities..

You could also construct a simple PWM interface connected to the VEMS PS2 port to simulate a wheel speed sensor - you can then use the VEMS launch control settings to cause a limit in torque for a given input.

I already forward the information from the rear wheel to the VEMS (PS2 port), but don't have an idea how to limit the torque...

For starters I will use Launch control / flat shifting input for this... LC input would be appliyed as long as the car doesn't reach the speed where the LC locked the rpm...

And when overtorqueing, I would use the same input to cut the fuel and ignition (for short period of time) and at the same time cut the output the wastegate 3way solenoid (lowering the boost to the WG settings) also for a short period of time...

Will start from there and see what would happen.. :)

Offline lugnuts

• BHP: 2
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 11:36:44 pm »
Ignition timing retard works much quicker then boost reduction, especially due to delay from boost solenoid to wastegate-turbo-intake manifold.

Best to start with ignition retard to control torque, this is also less perceptible to people's ears if you are using it in a racing class where it may not be legal. (compared to cutting fuel/ignition events).

Interesting project, will be checking in for progress.

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 02:24:54 am »
Ignition timing retard works much quicker then boost reduction, especially due to delay from boost solenoid to wastegate-turbo-intake manifold.

Best to start with ignition retard to control torque, this is also less perceptible to people's ears if you are using it in a racing class where it may not be legal. (compared to cutting fuel/ignition events).

Interesting project, will be checking in for progress.

but egt more than 1100C is not rare with that control. For n/a engines is good, but for turbo not.

Offline lugnuts

• BHP: 2
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 03:08:47 am »
EGT is a non-issue.

We are talking about a few tenths of a second or at worst a few seconds.

If someone's set-up is so far off that it takes more than 1-2 seconds to regain traction, then they should have lower boost settings in the lower gears, or some kind of wet-dry boost setting.

An added benefit to ignition retard is, the turbo boost stays up and ready for the power to be re-applied.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 04:52:50 am »
Ask the developers for an input.
The progress you have made I feel demands a update that incorporates it.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 05:01:06 am »
Why ?

Email marcell or post on the wiki about joining and adding input to the development

Offline mr_g

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 05:16:18 am »
I have tried but with no luck... No response... :(

I could use Flat shifting input for TC also... It would cut the fuel and ignition at the same time...

Offline mr_g

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 12:32:54 am »
How TCM properly measure the acceleration in (stop and you go):
100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 500m, 600m, 700m, 800m, 900m, 1000m,
0 to 60km/h, 0 to 100km/h, 0 to 160km/h, 0 to 200km/h,
60 to 100km/h, 100 to 160km/h, 160 to 200km/h, 100 to 200km/h, and the current speed of the car, I made the integration of TCM and Climate Control application in the CarPC, to show all together (for savings COM port) ...

Soon, triptimes..  :D