Author Topic: V1.1.74 Firmware  (Read 28191 times)

Offline Tony C

• BHP: 8
    • Capriracing
Re: V1.1.74 Firmware
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 06:54:08 pm »
had a few probs upgrading to this firmware :-(

tried to dload the config off ecu in VT and it said can not dload etc not a valid config or firmware :-(
strange it came from vems forum (1.1.44)
so had to boot up MT dload the config etc with that, then reboot VT to upload firmware, but how do i get the config from MT to VT?????

Vems Ecu, Twin Plenum efi and N2o
13.314 @ 104.39 mph (10/06/07 3.9 v8)
Sponsored by: www.caprisport.com & www.interpart.biz
Web site: http://www.capriracing.co.uk

Vems Firmware: V1.1.74

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Re: V1.1.74 Firmware
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 10:43:11 pm »
The 'save config' should work rather than the 'download config'. If Vemstune is communicating with the ECU and doesnt throw up any warnings, it should be fine. I upgraded from 1.1.47 without any issues. Vemstune should still see the ECU and allow you to save the config

You need to save config in Vemstune first, before uploading new firmware. The old Megatune config files are not compatable.

If you are trying to upload a Megatune config file with Vemstune after uploading the new firmaware, the only way I can see to fix this is to upload 1.1.44 firmware the old way, upload the config the old way, and then use Vemstune to save config, then upload the new firmware and then the config.

You shouldn't have too many problems with the config if its done this way, but you will have to double check everything and i mean everything, as there are so many differences, some of them still need manual configuring afterwards