Author Topic: VW MK1 2.0 16V Racecar  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Russ

• BHP: 0
VW MK1 2.0 16V Racecar
« on: February 02, 2022, 05:20:30 pm »
Hello
I have a MK! Golf with a 2.0 16V racing car which we run in endurance racing series in the California, Oregon and Washington states. At the moment it is on VW ABF management. I am using an ABF intake manifold, Piper rally grind cams and Techtonics Tuning 4 into 1 exhaust manifold. 
I obtained a used VEMS V3, serial # 4826, from an autowrecker in Vancouver which had previously been used on an Audi A4 1.8T. So I want to see if I can get the VEMS to work better than the ABF.
It did not have a cam position sensor, knock sensor or idle control valve and I want to add  these to the set up. First issue is locating the correct electrical terminals to add wiring to the 18 & 36 pin ECU connectors. Does anyone know the part number for these teminals?
Any advice help would be apprecicated greatly.
Russ

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: VW MK1 2.0 16V Racecar
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 07:38:23 pm »
Hello
I have a MK! Golf with a 2.0 16V racing car which we run in endurance racing series in the California, Oregon and Washington states. At the moment it is on VW ABF management. I am using an ABF intake manifold, Piper rally grind cams and Techtonics Tuning 4 into 1 exhaust manifold. 
I obtained a used VEMS V3, serial # 4826, from an autowrecker in Vancouver which had previously been used on an Audi A4 1.8T. So I want to see if I can get the VEMS to work better than the ABF.
It did not have a cam position sensor, knock sensor or idle control valve and I want to add  these to the set up. First issue is locating the correct electrical terminals to add wiring to the 18 & 36 pin ECU connectors. Does anyone know the part number for these teminals?
Any advice help would be apprecicated greatly.
Russ

they are called econoseal
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]