Author Topic: Vemstune 6-11-2010  (Read 5662 times)

Offline multiplex

• BHP: 6
Vemstune 6-11-2010
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:47 pm »
ok so new nightly is available  ;D

opening log files that previously crashed are now working good.

small issue i found with importing VE table from an MSQ..

MSQ's that are exported from VT can be imported back into VT using the VE table import function

However - when importing a file that has been modified by MLV, nothing is updated

The issue seems to be in the header of the VE table in the MSQ file

VT exports it as

<constant name="veTable" rows="14" cols="16" units="%" offset="0">

MLV exports it as

<constant cols="16" name="veTable" offset="0" rows="14" units="%">

Copying the VT version into the MLV file makes it all work, so maybe it just needs a more robust method of parsing the file

hope that all makes sense  :)

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Re: Vemstune 6-11-2010
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 10:46:07 pm »
Escuse my ignorance, but I have only seen this term 'Nightly' used recently and I do not understand what it actually means. Can any one please explain? ???

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 04:06:25 am »
It's the beginnings of continuous integration for the developers.

VemsTune doesn't get automatically compiled every night yet, but these "Nightly" builds are frequent test builds that follow the development efforts. They are generally put out there once or twice a week, whenever there is some useful changes or things the developers need more widely tested.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 12:12:29 am »
What the developers want tested should be noted as well.

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 08:16:57 am »
I suppose then that non developers (simple users) of vems should just have to wait for a unified good working firmware that covers >90% of all aspects of the engine then.

Personally im waiting for the boost control offset issue and once that is implemented then i will upgrade. i like everything that has been done so far, but i do not want to switch to a manual/external boost controller. I drive my car everyday and the bottom line is that i want to get into it and go.Not fiddle around with settings all the time. Im hoping that with all this ongoing work which i appreciate, there will be a good working software/firmware that will do that and we can all upgrade to that. Otherwise, upgrading today and then doing so every other week when something else has been implemented is too much of a hassle for me.

Keep up the good work and all those who do this for a living, i hope you come up with the best you can for this ECU.!!

Offline z0tya

• BHP: 11
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 05:42:11 am »
Is it possible to change the scale of viewed data or max/min in log view? For example ego correction moving around around 100% +-10-20% so vemstune put on the top of the graph, and nothing seen.

Some automatic max/min and free max/min scaling would be nice like in MLV...