Author Topic: Launch control config requirements  (Read 1335 times)

Offline four0four

• BHP: 0
Launch control config requirements
« on: January 07, 2024, 03:52:58 am »
Hiya,

I have a VEMS pnp install from Peep that I've been using for some months, and I'd like to play with launch control (largely for traction reasons...). It seems straightforward to enable, and I can see the "launchcontrolsw" flag set in VEMSTune. I'm not sure if this is calculated on the ECU or in VEMSTune via ADC measurements, though, so this may not be useful. Despite this, the Launch Control flag never goes green (and the car obviously acts like Launch Control is turned off). 

I dug around in .inis and old megasquirtavr source, but I can't find any predicate I'm missing. Engine is on, warmed up, no errors present. I added an accurate wheelspeed source, which is perfectly functional. launchcontrolsw is green, Launch Control isn't.

From a default config, beyond wheelspeed:rpm table, what should be changed to enable Launch Control? I assume that it should go green regardless of config details given everything stated, and yet...

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: Launch control config requirements
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 06:24:31 pm »
Which analog input did you use for the switch? In the ADC ALL screen, does the input change with switch movement? Or do you want it wheelspeed based?

I suggest going to the Motorsports->Launch Control screen and press the F1 key for the help and read that if you haven't already.

Beyond that, it's hard to help without knowing how you're trying to set it up specifically. A .vemscfg or .vemslog would be helpful. Help -> Vems Sharing Center is a quick and convenient way to share vemscfg and log files if you'd like to do that.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline four0four

• BHP: 0
Re: Launch control config requirements
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 02:43:04 am »
ch6, but I tried a few. yes, they show up in ADC ALL - hence my pondering whether or not "launchcontrolsw" is a flag calculated in VEMSTune rather than VEMS.

I've read as much as I can find about this in F1 help, wiki, and other things :)

here should be the most recent config! I'm not sure a log would be more helpful, but let me know if you'd rather one