Author Topic: injector 2 and 3 all open with the ignition switch on  (Read 8473 times)

Offline utkuselamoglu

• BHP: 0
injector 2 and 3 all open with the ignition switch on
« on: November 28, 2010, 06:45:54 pm »
Hi,

I have a problem with my vems ECU that injects fuel as soon as I turn the inginition key on. The injectors opens fully.

Could it be becuase of blown injector FET's

thanks  a lot.
utku selamoglu

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: injector 2 and 3 all open with the ignition switch on
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:34:52 pm »
it could be blown FETs, you need to check that theres not another feature turning those channels on though.

Offline utkuselamoglu

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:50:25 am »
Yes I changed the FET of Injection Group A it was not working right now when I turn the inginition switch on nothing happens. There is no more injection on the cylinder by the injectors. But ths time I had another problem that I have no ignition, no spark on my coil. I am really confused.
utku selamoglu

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:26:03 am »
Sounds like an electrical problem has caused the VEMS to stop working correctly.
You need to be methodical in your fault finding - is the VEMS getting power, do the primary sensors read correctly, do you have RPM.

Offline utkuselamoglu

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:05:56 am »
Yes there is trigger readings in the system.

But this is also strange which is while cranking the communication between the ECU and the computer suddenly stops working. The gauges freezes and when I stop cranking it comes back. How can I test the system? How can I test that the system is healty?

utku selamoglu

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 12:01:57 pm »
First and very first: check your ECU grounding per Robs manual!
Communication shouldn't be interrupted during cranking.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 01:36:41 pm »
Does communication stop when you commence cranking or a short while after you start cranking?
Always make sure you have your battery charged correctly, the ECU resets if the voltage drops < 8 Volts which is possible with a weak battery.

Offline utkuselamoglu

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 01:57:50 pm »
my battery were not in a good condition yesterday. Maybe that's the reason but while cranking, I hooked up charging from another car by cable... I think the problem is not the battery.
utku selamoglu

Offline utkuselamoglu

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 12:47:34 pm »
Yesterday, I have chaged the FET of group A injectors and the car runs again but had another problem that while running on idle seems like there is no problem but when I press the gas pedal(try to rev a liddle bit the car misfires) I couldn't figure it out I think still having problem with the ECU. My Air Fuel ratio is very optimum for not to have misfire also. I changed Spark Plugs. Today I have tested my injectors for leak. But also they are working perfrect. Do you have any idea that makes engine runs like this.
utku selamoglu

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 01:44:20 pm »
Without a lot of documentation on your setup, datalogs and config files you won't get much help.

The injector FETs don't go without a reason. The grounding is probably messed up somewhere.

Offline utkuselamoglu

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 10:00:57 am »
Ok I think I found the problem that the flyback operation input is nt enable. The port is closed on the settings. I am going to try it tonight.
utku selamoglu

Offline utkuselamoglu

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 10:02:55 am »
Without a lot of documentation on your setup, datalogs and config files you won't get much help.

The injector FETs don't go without a reason. The grounding is probably messed up somewhere.

Hi mattias,

I think the flyback operation makes a MOSFET's faliure on the board. This is the only configuration problem we have figured it out at all right now.
utku selamoglu

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 02:56:09 pm »
Ok I think I found the problem that the flyback operation input is nt enable. The port is closed on the settings. I am going to try it tonight.
The flyback has nothing to do with software, it can't be enabled/disabled in any setting.