Author Topic: Crank no start  (Read 27406 times)

Offline beefjurky69

• BHP: 0
Crank no start
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:16:13 pm »
i own an e30 with an m20 turbo...had the car running for about a month and one day im driving the car and it starts sputtering. It turned off on me at a red light and coudnt getted started again. Brought it back to the shop and noticed the plugs were soaked in fuel...i tried a new set of plugs and still no start...its still covereing the new plugs in fuel...here a few log files maybe you guys can help

http://rapidshare.com/files/441107890/v3.3_n001009-2010.11.06-19.54.18.vemslog
http://rapidshare.com/files/441107960/v3.3_n001009-2011.01.05-15.45.19.vemslog

Offline peter_jensen

• BHP: 5
  • Vems sins 2004
Re: Crank no start
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:33:39 pm »
Hi

It look like your engine is running on 2 cylinders and lambda is out rang.

Check: Base Setup, Cyl separated spark delay make them all 0 degrees.   

If you are using latest version of Vt then see columns gauge for individual power its pretty useful.

Peter
Vems.dk

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:18 am »
Hi

It look like your engine is running on 2 cylinders and lambda is out rang.

Check: Base Setup, Cyl separated spark delay make them all 0 degrees.   

If you are using latest version of Vt then see columns gauge for individual power its pretty useful.

Peter
Vems.dk

I'm not sure how it's only firing on 2cyl...I have spark on all 6 and also have fuel on all 6.
I set the cyl spark delay to 0 and still no start...it sounds like it wants to turn over but it doesn't. Spark plugs are def getting soaked still.

Offline andreNL

• BHP: 8
    • My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:53:20 am »
If the car was running ceck wiring, electronics for damage
Is not a software problem
Goodluck

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:29:33 pm »
This car was not tuned given the right calibration of the sensors, and the fuel settings don't match what I use on this type engine.
I think you are giving it way too much fuel. Just calculating from a cold start on my M20B20 at 0 Celsius you're up at 50% more fuel flow at 25 C, you should be seeing lower figures!!
Ever try pressing WOT shortly after starting to crank it?  (That enables 'flood clear', no injector opening)
Your cranking enrichment table is excessive. You're using as much enrichment at +25 C as I'm using at 0 C, and about twice what I'm using at 0 C. That's a big difference.

I think it could be a wiring problem too. Could be a bad ground or poor injector flyback wiring.

Make sure basic things work first, before adding complications.

It's great that you have spark, disable/disconnect injectors (as mentioned earlier) and do a basic timing test, using a strobe light.
I would disconnect the injector connectors  and use diodes with resistors to see if they flash or are lit all the time, in case you have damaged FET (injector drivers) that make them stay open all the time (flooding).
The MAP sensor was probably not calibrated well in the running log, and better in the last log but too high offset.
In the first running log the TPS was off too.

Use this config:  Save as...
Upload it and disconnect the injectors and do the basic tests above to make yourself more sure that the hardware/electronics are in shape.

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:26:35 pm »
Ok ill try everthing you had mentioned...But i think i found a problem that just stuck out to me. All those logs i did all look the same and i took them at a differant time and diff temp on log was taking outside and one inside one at a diff tps % and so forth.

Everytime i upload a new config file at the bottom where it shows the current running file it still shows the old file. So im thinking its not uploading the new config file that i want. I notice this happing after i tried to tune my car. It keeps saying my name and the serial number of my ecu eveytime instead of the new uploaded file. I know im uploading it correctly cause i never had this problem before i got my car tuned...im assumimg the tuner tough something that screwed everything up or maybe the firmware is messed up? Or the settings on the current file are wrong but regardless it still doesnt upload the file i want.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 12:25:57 am »
Are you hitting the burn button or using the config upload feature?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 12:36:36 am »
He is just confusing that VemsTune when connected to an ECU shows the name corresponding to the ECU serial nr, not a configuration file name.

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 07:27:27 pm »
The reason I'm saying that is because it wasn't like that before. I would upload a config file and it would show the file at the bottom. Now it doesn't do that anymore. I just did 3 logs back to back and every single log shows exactly the same graph,tps%,rpm. When I did those 3 logs I did one at 0% throttle one at 50% throttle and the last one at WOT. So why do the logs all read at 35.2% throttle same rpm same everything that's not right. I dont think it's logging right nor uploading any config file. I know it's logging cause the time and date on the log file is right but what the log says is not right. If I held the throttle position at WOT for 15 sec of cranking why does the log show only 35.2% throttle position? Something is not right there and the config file not showing at the bottom to me it's not right. I can upload 5 different files and before it would show each one with the name I gave it now it just says "CESAR 1009" everytime. I don't think that's right.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 10:01:42 pm »
What version of VemsTune are you running?

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 11:31:03 pm »
What version of VemsTune are you running?

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 11:39:05 pm »
Are you hitting the burn button or using the config upload feature?

Yes I'am using the burn button. The config upload feature under the tool bar?

Offline gunni

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 11:56:00 pm »
No the fire button below Boost control

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 01:33:52 am »
No the fire button below Boost control

Yes I do use that

Offline gunni

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 09:56:39 am »
And if you are connected to the ecu visibly seeing the engine run, can you not change any variable and then hit the burn button
and it will be updated next time you connect to the running ecu?