Author Topic: VemsTune for Android ?  (Read 151185 times)

Offline z0tya

• BHP: 11
Re: VemsTune for Android ?
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2012, 12:51:50 pm »
The 2.0 version not work with android 4.x ICS and exit with error.
Then vems guys have made some bugfix, but the new 2.1 has no settings button, when I run it on ICS android phone or tablet. On GB it is works fine.

Offline billman

• BHP: 2
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2012, 06:09:15 pm »
I see. I tried it on a Sony Neo V phone.

Offline billman

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2012, 09:31:37 pm »
ATTENTION

Drove the car for 2 days with the Android Display and noticed that it changes several values in many tables from Injector outputs, to VE and Ignition Values, MAT/TPS correction ect.

PLEASE INFORM THE DEVELOPERS ABOUT IT

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 09:48:04 pm »
Do you run firmware 1.2.x ? If not, do so.

Offline billman

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 09:01:50 am »
No but MArcell also suggested the upgrade. I will do and report back. MAybe it changes the values when I disconnect the power source of the Bluetooth->RS232 module.

Offline jeanno

• BHP: 0
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 10:31:54 am »
ATTENTION

Drove the car for 2 days with the Android Display and noticed that it changes several values in many tables from Injector outputs, to VE and Ignition Values, MAT/TPS correction ect.

I had the same issue when connecting a round gauge to the ECU (firmware 1.1.95) using AIM.
There was random changing in my config. I stopped using AIM...

Maybe it comes from the disconnection of the power source of the gauge in my case too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:34:54 am by jeanno »
Project : Peugeot 106 Xsi 1992
Member page : http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FJeanno
Engine is a tuned 1.6 litre 4 cyl / 8 valves (TU5J2) with 220 cc/min injectors fired individually+ wasted spark

Offline z0tya

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 12:57:03 pm »
Do you run firmware 1.2.x ? If not, do so.

Which one?

Under Development say for testing, highly experimental, Viper only ,  SubaruEj only , etc....

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »
Afaik, any of them should work. I run 1.2.0, I guess most do.

Offline AVP

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2012, 07:33:05 am »
would be nice for VEMS developers to let us know from the firmware upgrade page which is their next stable version.

i never upgrade on a version that says: TESTING as im not a tester/tuner/developer so i would appreciate this is mentioned after a good while of testing from the team!

Offline Joof

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2012, 11:30:07 pm »
would be nice for VEMS developers to let us know from the firmware upgrade page which is their next stable version.

i never upgrade on a version that says: TESTING as im not a tester/tuner/developer so i would appreciate this is mentioned after a good while of testing from the team!

+1! And we can't be the only ones...

I am still on 1.1.96 and was about to pull the trigger on a bluetooth adapter when I read that bit about unintentional modifications to the map...This is not even close to being worth it to me if there is a potential for that to happen. 

Does 1.2.0 fix this?
Is 1.2.0 good to go?

Offline Benzmac16v

• BHP: 4
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2012, 11:24:27 pm »
Just got a bluetooth adapter.  Hooked it all up, but the VEMTune for android doesn't do anything.  Doesn't seem like it is receiving data.  It connects to the bluetooth adapter just fine (adapter status light changes to connected, and Vemstune pops up and says it is connected to the adapter).

The default serial port settings are identical to the settings I was running on my USB to Serial adapter, so I am not quite sure what is going wrong.  I upgraded my firmware to 1.2.4, set the device to a V3 and the protocol to TriggerFrame (only option).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim
1985 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16v - VEMSv3.3 1.1.92

MemberWiki: http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FBenzmacx

Offline Benzmac16v

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2012, 01:48:36 am »
Still having problems, but some more details.

If I connect my the bluetooth adapter to my computer using the same usb-serial adapter that I have been using to connect VEMS to my laptop, and open a bluetooth terminal on my android tablet, I can send messages back and forth just fine.  I can also verify the settings are correct. 

If I open vemsdisplay, I will get get this message on my laptop terminal:

CONNECT : 3085 A9 61ACA2                                                       
Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~
 ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8
~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8
~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿
8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿
8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~Mat ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~ ¿8~                       
DISCONNECT : 3085 A9 61ACA2

That sequence will repeat indefinitely until I disconnect.

I tried to type this command out, but it didn't result in anything: $01$A3$05$05$AE

Jim

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2012, 03:43:07 am »
ATTENTION

I had the same issue when connecting a round gauge to the ECU (firmware 1.1.95) using AIM.
There was random changing in my config. I stopped using AIM...

Maybe it comes from the disconnection of the power source of the gauge in my case too.

This can ONLY happen if you don't use the VEMS adapter for round to serial port (supplied with the serial display gauge). We only connect gnd and tx (out of the ECU) in that adapter. Since there's no rx, there's no way values can change. If you use your own adapter, such as a purchased null modem adapter, we've seen issues.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline Benzmac16v

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 01:51:16 am »
Figured out my problem.

Make sure your DCE/DTE settings are correct.  Basically, my VEMS ECU and Serial bluetooth adapter were trying to Transmit on the same pin and Receive on the same pin.  So I couldn't communicate with it.  I guess my USB serial adapter doesn't have that problem (its the opposite type of device), which is why I could talk to my tablet with my computer using that blue tooth adapter.

There was a switch on the side of my adapter for this, so I don't need to use a crossover cable.  This is really nice because I can now hide the adapter in the same place I used to tuck my USB cable.  Makes it easy to switch back and forth.

It will be great when we can get datalogging and even the ability to change settings this way.  I am using a tablet (Asus TF700), not a phone, so moddifying settings/tables seems more than practical.  I mean, the thing has a keyboard dock, so I could use it the same way I use my laptop now.  Its just small and has MUCH better battery life AND can be charged off a basic 12v-USB car charger.  Hopefully that will happen at some point...  With Windows 8 tablets coming there may not be much motivation to support Android over Windows 8 and Windows RT.  Maybe Android will get WINE with WindowsRT (both run on ARM).  Still would require the devs to compile VEMSTune for RT.

Jim

Offline AudiS2

• BHP: 0
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:50 pm »
Hello,

Can some one give my some advise getting the Android app working?
I can't get a connection in the application. (see photo)

Some information on what i have tried/done
-Purchased this blue-tooth adapter    https://www.conik.biz/webwinkel/:///Draadloze-communicatie/Bluetooth-to-RS232-adapter/
-Only connected the TX and ground (pin 3 and 5 RS232) to the blue-tooth)
-RS232 to Blue-tooth adapter powers from 12Volt cigarette lighter
-I have a good blue-tooth connection from tablet(NEXUS7) to blue-tooth adapter. (See photo)
-I Paired the blue-tooth connection in APP. (See photo)
-I have set the baud rate to 19200bps ( See photo RS232 config tool)
-Enabled the AIM in VEMS tune.

Do i miss something?  :P
Tanks a lot!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/foto45m.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/foto46d.jpg