Author Topic: VemsTune for Android ?  (Read 150934 times)

Offline FESB Racing Team

• BHP: 0
Re: VemsTune for Android ?
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2013, 11:10:30 am »
i will also buy vems bluetooth adapter because i cant get this one to work....

Jrusell one question just to be sure, i have removed p259 chip from vems (because i had problems with rpm reading). I dont think it has anything to do with rs232, but just asking to be sure ?

Offline AudiS2

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2013, 09:00:14 pm »
Some results!

Received my VEMS bluetooth this week and tried it today. It all works nice!!!! Only there is one problem. It only works in AIM mode. When i set the APP on V3/TriggerFrame mode is does not get a connection. On AIM mode it works fine!

How can i solve this issue? Some settings in the VEMS?

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2013, 06:24:44 am »
Jrusell one question just to be sure, i have removed p259 chip from vems (because i had problems with rpm reading). I dont think it has anything to do with rs232, but just asking to be sure ?

Sorry, I thought I had replied to this earlier. The p259 won't affect rs232 at all. Does rs232 work with a computer using a serial cable?

Received my VEMS bluetooth this week and tried it today. It all works nice!!!! Only there is one problem. It only works in AIM mode. When i set the APP on V3/TriggerFrame mode is does not get a connection. On AIM mode it works fine!

Turn AIM mode off in the ECU firmware? It's under the Display Settings option on the Outputs menu. Also reset the ECU (power off, power on) after that.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline FESB Racing Team

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2013, 04:28:50 pm »
ok thx
yes rs232 works with computer.....

Offline AudiS2

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2013, 05:56:02 pm »

Turn AIM mode off in the ECU firmware? It's under the Display Settings option on the Outputs menu. Also reset the ECU (power off, power on) after that.
[/quote]

Will try that when i'm at my car!! Thanks.

Offline VemsedE36

• BHP: 1
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2013, 04:46:39 pm »
Jrusell , there are 3 options on the webshop for the  Bluetooth - RS232 adapter, what Permanently connected option means? ???

Offline billman

• BHP: 2
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2013, 10:52:15 am »
Does anyone else has issues with the EGT on VEmsDisplay?

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2013, 05:58:49 am »
Jrusell , there are 3 options on the webshop for the  Bluetooth - RS232 adapter, what Permanently connected option means? ???

Permanently connected means you connect it to 12v and Gnd, and there's a vreg with microUSB out to power the dongle. There's also a USB socket so you can conveniently connect the tablet.

Once I get some of the adapters here Stateside, I'll take better pictures and update the descriptions. I just checked tracking and they were delivered today, so in a couple of days I'll have those updated to be more clear.
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline billman

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2013, 07:00:58 pm »
When I remove the USB-power source for the Bluetooth then it corrupts many tables on the config. I use 1.2.10 and triggerframe. Do I need to cut some rs232 pins off? Leave only Pin3 and pin5?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:46:25 pm by billman »

Offline Jorgen

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 500
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:20 pm »
When I remove the USB-power source for the Bluetooth then it corrupts many tables on the config. I use 1.2.10 and triggerframe. Do I need to cut some rs232 pins off? Leave only Pin3 and pin5?

Hi,

I have tried to recreate this with the Vems Bluetooth adapter without success and I have send an information request to the firmware team to see if the ECU still listen to the old style commands after it has started receiving triggerframe protocol commands. I would expect that it still does this now. With some bad luck this would allow table corruption if your Bluetooth adapter is sending junk data while the power is removed.

I have not been able to test exactly the same way you did as I power my Vems Bluetooth adapter with 5v from the ECU to the RS232 connector on my test bench. I have simply shorted the 5v to ground for a second or two to force a reset on the Bluetooth dongle. This will create a quicker loss of power then just severing the power connection.

Currently the simplest workaround I see for you is to disconnect the RX pin on the ECU to prevent the junk data from the resetting Bluetooth adapter from reaching the ECU. This will however limit you to the AIM protocol. As an alternative you could try to power the bluetooth adapter from pin 28 on the ECU. I hope that the Bluetooth adapter will not start to send junk data until the ECU has shut down.

Jörgen

Offline billman

« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2013, 10:22:14 am »
I have sent a new error report 2 days ago where you can see the corrupt ignition table.

Really would not like to cut the wires...

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2013, 09:49:36 pm »
Really would not like to cut the wires...

You can just de-pin the ec18 connector. No need to cut the wire.
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline billman

« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2013, 05:04:13 pm »
I use plug'n'play Motronic box. Don't want to open it again for this.

I think that solving the issue is to find what is causing it (probably the FW).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:54:37 pm by billman »

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2013, 08:22:33 am »
What Bluetooth adapter are you using? That may help in re-creating the problem so the developers can investigate. I looked back a few pages and just saw a comment about using the same Arduino adapter as someone else. I'm not sure exactly which one though. The adapter could be too talkative and spewing garbage, but I'd like to check first.
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline billman

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:52 am »
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:10:59 am by billman »