Author Topic: VemsTune for Android ?  (Read 151151 times)

Offline LHK_audi_S2_Nor

• BHP: 1
Re: VemsTune for Android ?
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2013, 06:55:41 pm »
Upgraded to fw 1.2.11 and runs triggerframe protocol, works very nice! Also logged data on the phone, exported log file to pc, converted and did VE tune by statistics in VEMS! I like it..  8)
Audi S2 engine code 3B on VEMS, FW 1.2.38

Offline Pet

• BHP: 7
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2013, 04:24:55 pm »
Hello, for me still nothing. I am using Android 4.1.2 (Lenovo P770), VemsDisplay is not able to connect with the BT module. When  BT module (HC-06) is connected to Vems, on the PC side I can conect it together and see incoming AIM protocol data (tested in RealTerm). But in the phone, no chance to connect :/ (As I have wrote already MSDroid for Megasquirt MSII-extra ECU is working fine; I think  there is something wrong in VemsDisplay apk)

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2013, 06:32:54 pm »
Upgraded to fw 1.2.11 and runs triggerframe protocol, works very nice! Also logged data on the phone, exported log file to pc, converted and did VE tune by statistics in VEMS! I like it..  8)

Does it EGT values in triggerframe mode?

My firmware is 1.2.11 but unable to get EGT value in triggerframe mode.

Offline billman

• BHP: 2
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2013, 08:54:50 am »

Does it EGT values in triggerframe mode?

My firmware is 1.2.11 but unable to get EGT value in triggerframe mode.

Anyone???

Offline billman

« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2013, 10:53:03 am »
ATTENTION

Drove the car for 2 days with the Android Display and noticed that it changes several values in many tables from Injector outputs, to VE and Ignition Values, MAT/TPS correction ect.

PLEASE INFORM THE DEVELOPERS ABOUT IT

I had the same issue when connecting a round gauge to the ECU (firmware 1.1.95) using AIM.
There was random changing in my config. I stopped using AIM...

Maybe it comes from the disconnection of the power source of the gauge in my case too.

This can ONLY happen if you don't use the VEMS adapter for round to serial port (supplied with the serial display gauge). We only connect gnd and tx (out of the ECU) in that adapter. Since there's no rx, there's no way values can change. If you use your own adapter, such as a purchased null modem adapter, we've seen issues.

If i only leave the TX and Gnd cables on the RS232 it doesnt connect.

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:07 am »

Anyone???

Did u contact the developer regarding EGT values? Also Launch control indicator.

Offline AudiS2

• BHP: 0
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:46 pm »

Anyone???

Did u contact the developer regarding EGT values? Also Launch control indicator.

Do you have problems with the launch control indicator? Mine works fine.

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2013, 10:23:17 pm »
Do you have problems with the launch control indicator? Mine works fine.

Yes I do, mine not works. Works in vemstune only.

Offline billman

« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2013, 11:44:22 pm »
What about the EGT?

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2013, 11:46:07 pm »
What about the EGT?

Still not works..very bad not getting egt values.

Offline billman

« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2013, 02:25:16 pm »
ATTENTION

Drove the car for 2 days with the Android Display and noticed that it changes several values in many tables from Injector outputs, to VE and Ignition Values, MAT/TPS correction ect.

I had the same issue when connecting a round gauge to the ECU (firmware 1.1.95) using AIM.

Maybe it comes from the disconnection of the power source of the gauge in my case too.

This can ONLY happen if you don't use the VEMS adapter for round to serial port (supplied with the serial display gauge). We only connect gnd and tx (out of the ECU) in that adapter. Since there's no rx, there's no way values can change. If you use your own adapter, such as a purchased null modem adapter, we've seen issues.

??

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »
ATTENTION

??

Better to contact the developer.

Offline Pet

« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2013, 07:33:15 pm »
Hi, please is here some Andorid version compatibility list ? I can't help myself, my 4.1.2 phone isn't able to connect with Vemstune APK. But my normal PC (with BT) can normaly communicate via my BT dongle connected to Vems ECU (and Vemstune). And it's true, a few tables were changed after connection. Thanks.

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2013, 07:43:28 pm »
Hi, please is here some Andorid version compatibility list ? I can't help myself, my 4.1.2 phone isn't able to connect with Vemstune APK. But my normal PC (with BT) can normaly communicate via my BT dongle connected to Vems ECU (and Vemstune). And it's true, a few tables were changed after connection. Thanks.

Download the latest version, it is compatible with 4.1.2
What bluetooth adapter do u use? I recomend vems adapter to prevent that issue.

Offline Pet

« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2013, 10:57:36 am »
Thanks. I have the latest APK (VemsDisplay-2013-08-22.apk) installed. My BT module is HC-06 type.
For me is strange, there is no problem in BT comm. between PC with Vemstune and Vems with HC-06 BT module, as well as there is no problem in using this BT module with my friend's MSII ECU and MSdroid APK (HC-06 is of course configured to 115200 in this case). So I am not sure to pay over 50 euros for Vems BT module to find out, it isn't working too. :/ Maybe only my Lenovo P770 isn't compatibile with VemsDisplay, who knows....