Author Topic: Acceleration enrichment query  (Read 36082 times)

Offline antonch

• BHP: 4
Re: Acceleration enrichment query
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2007, 10:16:38 pm »
Here are pretty much the "base" values that I am using. Found it on a vems wiki page. They weren't perfect but they worked to the point that I hadn't had to tweak them yet.

dv/dt             %of req_fuel
2                     0
5                     10
20                   20
40                   40

Then I set my duration to ~1.5ms. As someone pointed out, that value is probably actually in seconds though.

Using these generic values on a base tune is much better than a lean condition while tuning, that's my opinion though.

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2007, 11:24:36 pm »
The amount added is not in %, it addad pulse width so your 40 is an added 40ms pulse width

Yes i too realised that the duration was in seconds, but i remember cliff or dnb saying something before i realised this, so at least i had it in the back of my mind.

In comparison, the addad PW values i am using at 1.2s duration are 0.1, 0.2, 0.7 and 3.0, so it realy does depend on the required fuel calculation

Offline antonch

• BHP: 4
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2007, 03:32:20 am »
You enter the amount in ms in MegaTune. To get those numbers, you take a percentage of req_fuel. If your req_fuel is 10ms, 10% of that is 1.0 ms.

The amount added is not in %, it addad pulse width so your 40 is an added 40ms pulse width

Yes i too realised that the duration was in seconds, but i remember cliff or dnb saying something before i realised this, so at least i had it in the back of my mind.

In comparison, the addad PW values i am using at 1.2s duration are 0.1, 0.2, 0.7 and 3.0, so it realy does depend on the required fuel calculation

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2007, 07:57:50 pm »
Oopsie, sorry :-[, i see where you are coming from :), though confusing at first ::)

Still depends on how you have set the Required fuel calculation, if like me you have halved the required fuel and doubled the VE entries, you need to double the values if using the method above.

just for refference.

:thumsup:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 08:02:10 pm by Sprocket »

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2007, 12:32:51 am »
Revalation :D

I now see what this all means now :-X

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtune.htm#accel