Author Topic: Sequential injection  (Read 8253 times)

Offline JohnP

• BHP: 0
Sequential injection
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:51:24 pm »
What exactly happens on a system when the secondary trigger is not used. I have yet to connect my secondary trigger on a wasted spark v8 setup. The injectors are all wired individually unlike batch fire. The vems is the newest model and the injector angle curve is currently set at default 720 on all. Am I risking anything running like this? Will the secondary connection with cam sinc on make a big difference. 

Thank You,
 John P

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Sequential injection
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 09:59:51 pm »
You will not risk anything.

The difference will be based on the inlet system you have, large ITBĀ“s wild cams and so on at low engine speeds most of the time.

Offline JohnP

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 01:42:06 am »
 So is it worth even connecting the secondary trigger then? The vems was ordered for hall secondary and as it turned out the secondary trigger is actually vr.

If I could effectively run that car without it, what would I set the injector angle curve setting to? no cam sinc?

Offline JohnP

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:59:42 pm »
 Its wasted spark and the injectors are set to fire in sequential order. But without a secondary trigger what can go wrong if anything?

John P

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 08:16:31 pm »
Worst case is that the injection is 360 degrees off from "camsync", which would not be noticeable under nearly all circumstances.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo