Author Topic: 1979 Toyota Corolla Dx 20v 4AGE with VEMS (Dori spec)  (Read 24814 times)

Offline simon86

• BHP: 0
Re: 1979 Toyota Corolla Dx 20v 4AGE with VEMS (Dori spec)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 09:15:20 pm »
Just like to say thank you! Rob, Pete, Jerry, for coming down and sharing some vems love :-*
It was real drama on saturday the vems was in all power up and ready to go but the engine woudnt fire up, after some looking around fuel was not geting to the engine so I check the fuel filter and got fuel sprayed all over my face (painful)
Anyway it was getting late Rob had to get home (had a date with his Mrs) pete came with rob so had to leave with him tony had to go work so off  they went.   
Determind to get the engine running and being high on petrol;D me and jerry drop the fuel tank and out went the nissan gtst pump we tested the thing it was moving but didn't seem good enough.
Jerry and I did try another but still on joy so we had to call it a day! tony is gonna order a new pump on monday I will update you guys when I get the thing running and maybe post up some videos..

Offline tom70

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 09:58:25 pm »
It's running!!!! wohooo...... after trials and errors, playing with all the variables...

The engine won't idle and kept misfiring, simon and I change the fuel reg, idier, primepulse, enrichment...and finally came alive.

More updates coming.

Offline tom70

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 02:21:07 pm »
As copied from DW forum:
I would like to share my 20v Ke70 completed built project and wanted to thanks the people who have helped me to build the dream car of my life. Ke70 is something really special in my blood because it root back to where I was born (Malaysia) and people drift the s**t out of it as a drift slag. I wanted a drift slag too but Simon86 quickly changed my mind and insisted to be a quality machine that would last.

Ok, I bought this car 12months ago and it did take 10months to complete. I had to take a year break and move away from my girlfriend so I can live close to Simon’s workshop, work on my car at full time basis.

After a lot of support from friends and family (plus nicking a lot of Simon’s spares) the dream car is born. After nearly 18 months without proper drifting after I sold my Mr2. I was itching to drift and the car I was rush to ready the week before the round 6 Eurodrift. wohoo.. It performs way better than I expected.

I would like to thanks the following people in no particular order:
Simon86 – Mastermind of the project.
Flowtech – Rollcage and exhaust
Autobahn88UK
VEMs team
Raymond Pang
TofuBen
My girlfriend and family
Others I forgot to mentions, sorry.

Pics: