Author Topic: Inlet Backfire When Restarting After Stall  (Read 14072 times)

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Re: Inlet Backfire When Restarting After Stall
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 07:48:52 pm »
Oh and thanks for posting that up rob, much apreciated.

Pitty that the development team dont understand why the Wiki is so bad, and which has already been commented on by others i have suggested VEMS to, they are just plain put off by Wiki information base and then buy Megasquirt, a far less sophistocated package, you really do have to ask yourself why.

The Megasqirt information forums and Manual walk over the VEMS information and Manuals ( i know Rob, that you have done  a lot on your pages to try and sort that), yet the VEMS hardware walks over the Megasquirt. Problem is, the hardware is useless when you dont have the information to configure it correctly.

Sales are being lost, which baffles me, as if its affecting sales, shouldnt something be done about it. Thanks to you, Rob, at least we are somehwere on track to fixing the information problem ;)

I hate the Wiki, I have no time for it, it takes too long to find what you want, and when you do, most of it is TODO ::)

Sorry, rant over (again, oopsie)

Offline irishtwincam

• BHP: 9
Re: Inlet Backfire When Restarting After Stall
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 12:05:32 pm »
Terminology note:
Dashpot: is the thing that moves the throttle stop to prevent the throttle completely closing  when falling back from WOT to 0Throttle.
ISCV: Is designed to let air into the plenum/ITB runners to increase IDLE.

Dashpots shouldnt be controlled using ISCV logic, at least in my mind.
This probably doesnt ahve bearing on your problem, but is just an observation.

For those who cant visualise or are unfamiliar with such systems, here a toyota 20v example.

Dashpot below throttle stop, between runners 2 and 3.

Under inlet #4on the left is the electric 3wire ISCV.
Lower pipe is a filtered air inlet, the upper pipe is the outlet that leaks air into the ITB common feed to increase idle.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:11:05 pm by irishtwincam »