Author Topic: Current documentation effort?  (Read 8801 times)

Offline wazzu70

• BHP: 1
Current documentation effort?
« on: October 27, 2013, 05:24:01 am »
I am just wondering if there is a current documentation effort going on? I have some stuff I have been working on, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if others are doing the same thing.

Most documentation refers to Phat Bob's User Guide, or the xml manual http://www.vems.hu/manual/html/.

Most documentation references V3.3, which is not much different than the current hardware. The software/configuration references though mostly refer to MegaTune and not VemsTune which makes some things confusing.

Anyway, if I was inclined to help with documentation.....where should I focus efforts?
BMW E30 M42 project

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
Re: Current documentation effort?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:41:10 am »
The first surprise for a VT newcomer is to read menu options which names are puzzling, and he/she can be even more surprised (I was) when the title of the opened widget is not the same.
Of course after some time you do not pay attention anymore since you have learned where the things are.
I believe the first effort is to set those names in plain technical English. With good titles one does need lengthy explanations.
This can be done from the resources and other .ini files attached with the VT files. I have thought to do it for my own purpose. Of course I can contribute to the common effort.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 12:43:39 pm »
Most current effort is here.

http://vems.hu/vt/help/

Offline wazzu70

• BHP: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 06:18:44 pm »
If I typed up some additions to the VemsTune help, where/how would be best to submit them?
BMW E30 M42 project

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »
email them to [email protected] I guess.