Author Topic: New 1.2.20 Fw  (Read 24000 times)

Offline lost

• BHP: 2
Re: New 1.2.20 Fw
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 10:59:20 am »
Does anyone have email adress of someone in vems who worked on this and have access to bootloader upgrade server.
Or who works on vemstune?

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 03:50:17 pm »
Hello Lost,

Have you been authorized for bootloader upgrade ? Quoting an earlier snippet from same thread:

The automated bootloader upgrade procedure only works when you have been given authorization on the bootloader upgrade server. Always contact [email protected] (make sure to mention ecu serial number) first.

Best regards, Dave

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2014, 09:48:43 pm »
You need to use something like usbasp programer with 10 to 6 pin converter, with disabled jumper to vcc voltage pin, connect it to ISPI pins on vems board, power up vems from ec36 (dont foget to use 2 ground wires connected together, one is sensor ground, other is common groud)..;
Thanks lost for your explanation.
I was not aware that the avrdude was the gnu system programmer for the AVR chips and that the .tar.gz package is given with the VemsTune.exe download (fw menu). From there everything clears up. Just need to read the avr documentation, etc...

Offline lost

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 10:38:17 am »
Hello Lost,

Have you been authorized for bootloader upgrade ? Quoting an earlier snippet from same thread:

The automated bootloader upgrade procedure only works when you have been given authorization on the bootloader upgrade server. Always contact [email protected] (make sure to mention ecu serial number) first.

Best regards, Dave

EDIT:

I send another email to [email protected] and put just four digit serial number in subject and first line of email, and asked for bootloader access, and Marcell replyed that its granted.
As i allready locked fuse 3c before, i just connected vems via serial cable, in vemstune selected bootloader upgrade, next... next, and its upgraded to universal bootloader now.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:56:31 pm by lost »

Offline billman

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 10:02:24 pm »
Did you used just the rs232 connection to VEMS. Anyone wants to show how to lock this fuse??

Offline lost

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 11:53:09 pm »
first use just serial cable and get firmware for bootlader upgrade (in vemstun), then try firmware upgrade, if it tells you that you need to lock fuse, then you need something like "usbasp" with 10 to 6 pin adapter.

Read the whole thread.

Offline billman

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2014, 01:18:18 am »
I did but got lost in the acronyms and technical details