Author Topic: Gunni at gstuning highly recommend!!  (Read 10815 times)

Offline ae8286

• BHP: 2
Gunni at gstuning highly recommend!!
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:42:13 pm »
Hi i thought to write a topic regarding my tuning at Gunni place.

A brief history of me and my car.
I did a engine conversion on my  corolla and put a later type 4age 20v engine. Mechanical side i did it all but the electric aspect i couldnt. tried to use the original toyota loom and ecu but no luck. I always fancied the idea of a standalone so after a lot of research on driftworks and google! and the name vems kept seem to poping up. I got in touch with ben at angelworks. and we did a deal to fit supply and tune it. It got done eventually and was meant to be dyno'd. wen i went up it wasnt dynod and he said its ok to drive just need fine adjusting at dyno. he said he knows of RStuning in leeds near me that could do it. So i drove home ran crap. got it dyno'd bit better but still crap. anything below 4k revs it was spluttering juddering etc so you can imagine it was bollocks. I was toled that the itbs and alpha-n drive like this and thats it basically.

this was in feb/2009 so for 2yr the car has been parked and not driven much. i was kinda pissed of at the way the car was and was actually considering binin the vems and gettin a custom toyota loom and ecu.

I joined this forum and gunni and i emailed each other last year. i started workin so it was put on hold. yesterday i went down and got it tuned. The car is completely changed i can drive it like any other car. cruise around at 30mph in 5th gear at 1500 rpm perfect some power band everything. I wasnt really bothrerd about power the fact i can drive my car again like normal is all i wanted.

Gunni has got great skill and i am so satisfied i got another vems unit that i hope to fit in my ae86 and it will be going down to see him soon. He has restored my confidence in the vems unit. he even went out of his way and sorted my starter motor as my bodge mechanics failed and he sorted it. Thank you very much mate and i hope to see you soon. Haroon
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 08:48:38 pm by ae8286 »

Offline DevInAz

• BHP: 7
Re: Gunni at gstuning highly recommend!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:34 am »
I also bought a vems unit from Gunni. He sent it to me and did a great job.  Thanks!

Offline wazzu70

• BHP: 1
Re: Gunni at gstuning highly recommend!!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »
Just to add, I purchased my unit from Gunni and he has been amazingly helpful.

Highly recommended.
BMW E30 M42 project