Author Topic: Vems Bluetooth to Serial Adapter causing interference with TPS and MAP sensors  (Read 3845 times)

Offline ethergore

• BHP: 0
I just purchased the Vems bluetooth to serial adapter and I am getting interference with my TPS and Map sensors. I have the plug powered using pin 28 5v power supply. I do not get interference until I am connected to my pc via the bluetooth signal. I haven't had the time to test if other bluetooth products cause this same interference.

Interference was verified using an oscilloscope.

Did I install this wrong? Is this normal and I need shielding? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Offline ethergore

I just found this topic here that talks about getting poor signal to VEMSdisplay and says issues were fixed by wiring external to the ecu for power.

http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2277.0.html

It does not mention getting interference so I am wondering if it will still fix my problem.

If no one knows I will get to it tomorrow and report what I find.

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
Hello Per,
This problem is not related to VemsDisplay in any way nor is it related to the Vems-BT; It works perfect when powered from external supply.
We have seen occasions where the total current requirement of the Vems-BT (and other items) is overdrawing the current capacity of the onboard (100mA max) +5V supply, are you feeding any other sensors or similar from pin#28 ?
Best regards, Dave

Offline ethergore

I do have the 5 volt powering an external map sensor that I don't need anymore. You think removing this will leave enough current or do you think I am better off wiring externally?

Thanks for that post. Very helpful.