Author Topic: Correct settings / calibration for Nissan SR20 24+1 CAS disc.  (Read 6495 times)

Offline BenFenner

• BHP: 8
Correct settings / calibration for Nissan SR20 24+1 CAS disc.
« on: September 28, 2007, 02:50:28 am »
Okay, I've started the VEMS install, and there's no going back now.

The computer / VEMS connection is working. I'm at the first step: trigger setup.

I went to install the 24+1 disc and took note of the position of my stock disc. The stock disc has the larger of the four inner holes at 12 o'clock. When I put the 24+1 disc I got from Rob in it places the only inner hole at about 7 o'clock, or if I flip the disc, it ends up at about 4 o'clock. Even if I took the distributor out and spun it 180 degrees, then put it back in (not even sure if it will fit back in) it wouldn't fix this discrepancy. I'm starting to feel like I'm being an idiot, and none of this should matter. So, is there even a problem? And if so, can I use my stock disc temporarily with wasted spark until I figure something out. And if I do have to do that, what settings should I use?

Assuming I can use the new CAS disc, what settings should I use for that? And do I have to measure the angle between the inner hole and top dead center?

I'm sorry, I'm just not finding the info I need in the searches I've done. Any help would be appreciated.
1994 Black SE-R (VEMS, going turbo)
1994 Black SE-R (with sunroof)

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Correct settings / calibration for Nissan SR20 24+1 CAS disc.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 09:19:22 am »
The position of the holes is unimportant, as you choose which cylinder to fire after synchronisation using the ignition outputs.
You have PM.
Once you've loaded the correct trigger settings the first thing to try is an RPM reading, then to work out which cylinder to fire off.  From that you'll be able to work the Ignition output sequence, and after that the injection sequence.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:24:42 am by [email protected] »

Offline BenFenner

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 02:42:59 pm »
Thanks again for the guiding light.

The link in your PM doesn't work though. =/

Offline BenFenner

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 09:10:30 pm »
Okay, I've managed to download the correct Nissan specific firmware. I'm going to load it to VEMS and try to get the trigger(s) working this evening. Wish me luck.