Author Topic: [SOLVED] Assembling v3.8 - problems with outputs  (Read 3616 times)

Offline murjam

• BHP: 1
[SOLVED] Assembling v3.8 - problems with outputs
« on: June 01, 2016, 11:53:27 pm »
Hi!

I am assembling my first VEMS, version 3.8. I have it assembled to half way, but I am stuck with some simple output signals. Maybe there is something broken, but I'm just not sure how to verify.

The situation currently is that the box connects to the computer, reads all analog sensors (TPS, CLT, MAP, MAT), reads RPM from hall-effect crank sensor.. Everything seemes to be good on the input side.

But when it comes to the outputs, I mostly cannot configure it to make change. For instance, the stepper outputs do not change the voltage nor connectivity to the ground when I start configure them in the "test" mode in VT. Nor does the injectorG change when I try to configure it (tried to connect fuel pump relay there).

Strangely the P259 outputs work - though I have little experience with VEMS, I have already seen them failing. Although I read that P259ch0 have a pullup resistor, I am unable to drive the tach from there, and I can see it only showing ~1.6V when switched off.

Is there something I am missing or have I just fried some components?

The injector flyback is connected, grounds are good and connected by the manual. I have not connected any injectors nor coils yet, only installed FETs and IGTBs.

Thanks for thinking along!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:13:30 am by murjam »

Offline murjam

Re: Assembling v3.8 - problems with outputs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:10:45 pm »
I spent some time today trying to figure it out. Without a success, unfortunately.

What I eventually tested were the CPU outputs for injector channels -- all of them were all the time signalling the IXDN404SI chips with +5V, even if the output was switched on/off in test mode. If I am not mistaken by some configuration issue or messing up the pins, I believe the CPU outputs must be fried.

How should I test the CPU pins? Today I just switched on the test mode in outputs view and started clicking on and off one output, measuring the voltage that goes to a IXDN404SI chip.

Offline murjam

Re: Assembling v3.8 - problems with outputs
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 10:13:07 am »
The problem was that the "safe mode" was enabled.

What is strange, is that VemsTune only started to notify me about safe mode once I had uploaded the configuration a few times.

I still have a question about turning off safe mode -- just uploading configuration did not do that. I finally got the safe mode off when I uploaded the firmware with the firmware upload wizard.