Author Topic: Idle control - Ign Advance not working on 1.2.31?  (Read 5285 times)

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
Idle control - Ign Advance not working on 1.2.31?
« on: April 12, 2016, 01:33:47 pm »
Yesterday I changed a few things around to help better my idle control.

I raised the min IGN table to give me enough engine TQ always to prevent stalling (21 deg) in low load areas, and I was hoping to use the Ign advance option under idle control to help retard the timing back to a decent level.

I am using the IAC, and even keeping the idle outside of it's target (850 rpm) VEMS would not pull down the advance to help match the target even though the IAC flag was on.

Is there a condition that is not being met or is there an issue with this firmware?

Thanks!

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Re: Idle control - Ign Advance not working on 1.2.31?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 07:46:01 pm »
Do you have log or config?

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 11:59:14 pm »

My log didn't turn out (it didn't save the new values?) for some reason.  It has all the original values of the ECU when I first connected.  I'll make a new log soon, weather is getting nicer.  Might try a different FW version while I'm at it.  It's just... odd.  I was sure that it was working at some point in time. 

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 11:08:53 am »

My log didn't turn out (it didn't save the new values?) for some reason.  It has all the original values of the ECU when I first connected.  I'll make a new log soon, weather is getting nicer.  Might try a different FW version while I'm at it.  It's just... odd.  I was sure that it was working at some point in time.
dont forget to update ini files :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Wolf_Tm

• BHP: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 09:56:37 pm »

I raised the min IGN table to give me enough engine TQ always to prevent stalling (21 deg) in low load areas, and I was hoping to use the Ign advance option under idle control to help retard the timing back to a decent level.

I am using the IAC, and even keeping the idle outside of it's target (850 rpm) VEMS would not pull down the advance to help match the target even though the IAC flag was on.

Is there a condition that is not being met or is there an issue with this firmware?

Thanks!

Same here.... idle ign advance not working in my  1.2.31...
Any help?

Offline Wolf_Tm

• BHP: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 07:23:36 pm »

Thanks!

Same here.... idle ign advance not working in my  1.2.31...
Any help?

But it works with 1.2.36, and idle is way better now...