Author Topic: Dax Rush c20xe  (Read 5980 times)

Offline triumphdave

• New Users
  • BHP: 0
Dax Rush c20xe
« on: November 20, 2007, 01:54:07 am »
Hi,
I sort of stumbled on to this VEMs thing by chance,I am still trying to get my head around it all at the mo by reading through the posts.
I have a Dax Rush kit car that I have just pulled the old engine out of(1600 CVH) to replace it with a C20xe Astra GTE engine.The old engine was running on motorbike carbs and a mega jolt.The new engine has a ported head with fast road cams and I am looking to fit motorbike throttle bodies.So I am going to need some sort of management for squirting the fuel.Now the connecting wires up bit doesnt bother me that much ( I managed to sort out the mega jolt and eddis stuff O.K)but some of the setting up looks a bit trickey with all these ejector flow rates and sensors and stuff.I guess what I want to Know is apart from how much is it all going to cost me,is how much is already done when you buy the unit would it be a case of just plugging it all in and having a running engine with some final setting up to do or is it going to be a lot more complicated than that.I have had a bit of a go at tuning my carbs with my Innovate LM1 which uses a wideband lambda sensor,but thats a lot more faffing about with jets and needles so thought I would try TB's this time with the new engine.The new engine hasnt got any of the original sendors on it apart from water temp even the toothed wheel was removed from the crank,so I can fit my old wheel from the eddis MJ setup on or I have a dizzy that came with the new engine,what would be best?.
That will do for know prolly bored you all to death.
Dave

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Dax Rush c20xe
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:37:37 am »
Hi Dave,

I didnt notice this message lingering here, two weeks is far too long for it to sit unanswered so I appologise.

If I were to suggest one thing, that would be to replace the stock toothed wheel, failing that the EDIS wheel from the previous setup would be a practical 2nd best so that you can run coil packs.

If you give me a PM I'll work out costs and so on for you and address the fuelling and setups.

Rob