Author Topic: Ign advance problem  (Read 18136 times)

Offline pete95zhn

• BHP: 4
Re: Ign advance problem
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 06:41:46 am »
If the 60-2 trigger is an OEM design then its an excellent idea.
60-2 is well supported, there are a huge number of installations using it where as the 132+1 is not :(

It's not OEM, but commercial, and works with MoTec. Picture, although it's not turbo engine, just normally aspirated 944 one:

I know that some of the Audi sensors have the cam VR in the wrong polarity, I wonder if this is the case with this type?

Nope, it's been already changed. It didn't even start with that arrangement.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 06:48:28 am by pete95zhn »

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 09:01:32 am »

That has the right design: A proper "missing" tooth for a 60-2 in that the missing tooth area isnt just a huge gap, but a neutral space.  And a nice solid looking sensor mount.

Offline pete95zhn

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 10:53:12 am »
Finally some good news!! I got one modified VEX-file from fellow Finn ( Sambas ), and now engine revs beyond 3k. Although there's still some flaws, like slight misfires beyond 2k and MegaTune's rev counter shows values in excess of 16k when engine revs past 3k, it's a start. At last!

I think I'll skip those 60-2 trigersolutions and wait for 1.1.32. Thanks for help!

PS. Rob, do you mid if I send you my trigger logs for evaluation? I'll take them most likely only after Christmas.

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 11:34:38 am »
If Sambas is on the case then you have a good friend there, he's the bloke who seems to be doing most of the major development work - he's the one doing the new acceleration enrichment and boost PW maps.

Offline pete95zhn

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 07:17:13 pm »
I finally got myself an oscilloscope ( laptop attached ) and it solved almost all my problems ( concerning the car, I mean... ;) ). I had, according to instruction I got in July, changed the polarity of reference ( secondary VR ) sensor. That was not good idea, because the trigger signal was inverted. I switched the wires back to original and the engine works smooth as silk. No trigger flags or misfires, EGT dropped abour 100C and MAP at idle is around 39 kPa...

I feel good.

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 09:15:59 pm »
Excellent news!  I think the VR polarity swap was soley for the Audi engines.
Normally 'scopes are not needed (although very handy) for known setups, but that trigger on the 944 had not been tried to my knowledge.

I hope you have fun tuning it for the summer season.

Rob