Author Topic: Req_fuel & injector settings  (Read 30634 times)

Offline Jorgen

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 500
Re: Req_fuel & injector settings
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 08:40:22 pm »
Sami pointed out that if you use a 1.1.23 Megatune with 1.1.24 and up firmware your PW will not show the right value. The value was 8bits in 1.1.23 and it's 16 bits in 1.1.24.

I have also seen that you use 16X14 tables, that is not recommended. It's only used in Finland and getting help outside finland will be hard. 12X12 is more then enough with the type of fuelcalculation we use. It's different with more primitive fuel calculations that is used by many other systems, or when you use Alpha-N which is always equally primitive.

Jörgen

Offline pete95zhn

• BHP: 4
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 12:56:38 pm »
Hi,

It sounds like your setup is messed up. I would normally have sent you a config that would get you started but as you use the auditrigger setup in an unsupported application I don't have a setup for you.

Could you post config.txt, tables.txt and the msq from the megatune you are running?

Well, it could be very much so that I'm the first ( or second ) one trying to use original triggers with v3.3 and there's no setup ready. Altogether the original triggers setup is very close to Audi's, the significant difference is no cam sensor and different tooth wheel count at flywheel. Both are originally run with Motronic.

Here's a lot of this and that: http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage/PeteKrgr/VEMS+check+files.zip

We all prefer to look at the setup in different ways and if you prepare a fresh package with all of them you will be more likely to get someone to review and find the problem of your setup.

It's not unlikely that your problems are related to the Porsche trigger.

Jörgen

Offline pete95zhn

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 01:04:39 pm »
Sami pointed out that if you use a 1.1.23 Megatune with 1.1.24 and up firmware your PW will not show the right value. The value was 8bits in 1.1.23 and it's 16 bits in 1.1.24.

I have also seen that you use 16X14 tables, that is not recommended. It's only used in Finland and getting help outside finland will be hard. 12X12 is more then enough with the type of fuelcalculation we use. It's different with more primitive fuel calculations that is used by many other systems, or when you use Alpha-N which is always equally primitive.

Jörgen

I got info about modifications from Sami, I'll do those and report findings. What's the problem with 16x14?

I know that there are few guys waiting for my results before they decide which EMS they'll run. IMHO this setup is worth supporting and developing. Although I'm not a genious with programming, the work I'm done ( the questions and very valuable answers from the VEMS community ) will help others in the future. Market in the US is much bigger and they're really in the need of affordable EMS, if teething problems are solved.

Pete

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 03:00:40 pm »
Solving teething problems is what we do :)

Offline pete95zhn

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 12:45:40 pm »
OK, at least the PW -problem is now solved. I changed Vemsv3.ini-files in 1.1.23 Megatune mtcfg for same ones from 1.1.24 and PW @ idle is around 3.0, without any other modifications. It's now easier to start solving remaining questions.

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 02:54:06 pm »
So your next post will be a picture of you smiling and holding a dyno sheet ;)