Author Topic: Peugeot 205 Cabrio with 1.9 GTI Engine (130bhp)  (Read 5371 times)

Offline Renard

• BHP: 0
Peugeot 205 Cabrio with 1.9 GTI Engine (130bhp)
« on: October 09, 2008, 07:35:33 pm »
Hello,

I am Georgios, short George, living in Germany and I am a greek. Long time ago I was a mechanic, but I still like and love tuning my car.
I have a Peugeot 205 Cabrio MY94. I put in a PUG 205 1.9 GTI Engine (130bhp) from a MY89 GTI (L-Jetronic).
I had an Engine blow up in summer 2007, but renewed it completely. I installed a green Twister Air filter, Supersprint exhaust manifold, wrapped with Thermoband, a Supersprint Center pipe, 55mm outer diameter from catalyst to exhaust silencer and a IMASAF 100mm Exhaust "silencer" (but it is more a loudener  ;D). I changed the 5 gear gearbox with a 6 gear gearbox. I will put in soon a toothed fly wheel from the Motronic GTI for the Hall sensor. Also a bigger throttle (widened from 50mm to 54mm).
With the installation of the VEMS 3.3 in a few weeks I will install also:
- a New Camshaft with 280°
- group A Injectors
- and a Lightend Adjustable Vernier Cam Pulley

But before I install the VEMS 3.3 I would like to know if my thinking of following listed parts make sense or not before I order the VEMS:
Assembled v3.3 controller
- 1-wire interface no
- Flyback 30V flyback
- ignition driver 4
- Knock and EGT yes
- LCD connection no (do I need it and the PS2 connection for programing via Laptop or is a USB port also available? Sorry if it may sound a bit stupid)
- MAP connection 250kPa (6/4mm pneumatic) (is that correct?)
- mounting-style screws
- primary_trigger VR (or hall?)
- PS2 connection no
- secondary_trigger HALL

v3harness
- injectors I4
- with_relays yes

Bosch motorsport ignition
- ignition driver 2 (would like to have wasted spark)

2 Bosch knock sensor (if possible to install and calibrate) / Coolant sensor with AMP-connector / HALL sensor / MAT sensor

sensor (K-type)
- fitting_only no
- Size 6mm (or are 2mm enough?)
- with_connector pair
and a
Wideband O2 sensor, and of course, to get the car run as it should with these new components :)

If I missed something, please feel free and contact me, so I make the conversation correct and order all necessary parts.
If someone has already a running program for the 1.9 GTI engine I would be very thankful. Every kind of information and help is welcome.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Regards, George

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Peugeot 205 Cabrio with 1.9 GTI Engine (130bhp)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:03:13 pm »
George,  The guys to talk to are DP Engineering in Holland:
http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/
No one knows Pugs like they do ;D

Offline Renard

• BHP: 0
Re: Peugeot 205 Cabrio with 1.9 GTI Engine (130bhp)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:16:06 pm »
Cool  ;)
Thanks, I will get in contact with them. As soon I have some news I will let you know.

You are Great!