Author Topic: another s13  (Read 16434 times)

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: another s13
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 07:49:24 pm »
I have heard nothing but good things about TTV, from professional engine builders to blokes making general enquiries.

Super clutch sound like good fellows too, nice looking clutch setup.

Rob

Offline jrtuning_ben

• BHP: 2
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 07:37:54 pm »
I have heard nothing but good things about TTV, from professional engine builders to blokes making general enquiries.

Rob

super clutch have been awesome :) so helpful its unreal! only killer was that it seems bolts to mount the clutch are extra so ive had to spend another £18 on them.....for £600 worth of clutch youd have thought mounting bolts were included  ::)

it was on your recommendation i spoke to ttv :)

and todays progress:

got my flange and clamp through for my waste gate so stripped the old one off the manifold ready to make up the adapter :D

heres a few comparison pics....old one was a hks 40mm and the new one is a hks 60mm :eek:

Offline jrtuning_ben

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »
these should cure my rear offset issue :p;)

Offline jrtuning_ben

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:16 am »
finally got my new front calipers through  ;D ;D ;D

also got my new plenum at the weekend

and came home to see the last piece of the puzzle waiting for me :D my pics are crap but im mega impressed with ttv's work :D

and mated with the clutch

Offline jrtuning_ben

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 07:44:16 pm »
mocked up the engine bay today to start on the downpipe and cooler pipes :D:D looks sweeeeeeeeet!

onloy 'issue' i may have is with the radiator top pipe.....thinking about cutting it off and getting a bent one made up :)

Offline jrtuning_ben

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 06:04:41 pm »
i hate british weather....april showers my arse, more like april downpour eveytime ben decides to do some car workj :mad::annoyed:

managed to get on with my cold pipe though :cool: just need to clean up the pipes and weld them fully :D

also decided on the colour for my cage and cam covers

and thats not overspray on the door its all reflection :wack:

Offline jrtuning_ben

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 12:52:38 am »
12 hour night shift last night and waiting up for a delivery sucks :cry:

though it did give me some free time to sort out the 3 inch part of my hot pipe ready to go for tig welding this evening :D:D not too shabby for 20 mins work :wack: (the welder is going to clean off burrs etc before welding :))

Offline jrtuning_ben

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 12:53:14 am »
recieved word from the welder :D

(copied over from other forum)

Right then, as ive been handed these burr riden things, i will detail my contribution to the superior 200sx.

As i picked them up from Ben's.

Numbered and marked for position as was given strict instructions to NOT MOVE ::).

;D Ben you aint gonna like these as undid all your hard work :D. Enjoyed it tho.

Some serious Burrs, i don't know what you used to cut this but would of said a bread knife,lol. Shall we say it was rather sharp in places.

Burr's again

After a bit of TLC with a grinder & file. Simply used grinder to remove all the rought parts and filed the inside to ensure nice clean and burr free points of contact during welding.

All done well one anyway

Up to date for the information of Ben and the rest of ya common folk, sorted them both out and their ready to be welded, just waiting for a regulator adapter so i can gas the inside of the pipe whilst welding to weld both sides. Gonna crack on during the week Ben so if you have any issues on time etc, etc drop us a PM or tx.

Offline jrtuning_ben

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 12:53:51 am »
More updates ;D.

Ahhhh, just what i needed :D, splitter for the Argon to be purged into the pipework.

This is the second one as thought i would start with the hardest first. All parts have been de-burr'd and de-tacked.

Another shot to highlight the smoothness of them after some grinding and fileing.

Tacked it all back together with TIG (a tad neater that stick or MIG, ay ben,lol.) Dint take any picks of it been tacked as boring but, waahhhooo, the first weld :o

Although an absolute pig to position when trying to get a steady and comfortable welding stance, pretty happy with the results. Purgeing was a problem tho as couldn't make the pipe stay still :(.

Only laid down one full weld and decided to stop due to this;

Not sure how clear the pic is but there is a build up of 'slag' on the inner ??

Right Ben, with this been an important component i want and im sure you want this to be right. Would be better if i grinded the tacks off again and welded each piece individually as then i can get a drill attachment to grind the inner 'slag' (<< Engineer talk,lol) off. Was told purgeing would not cause this, so im in two mind what to do.

What do you sugest bud??

Carry on and you sort the inner bit's out or do what i said and do each peice individually ???

hes a good lad, i went to college with him and he ended up doing exactly what i wanted to do :cry::rolleyes: we decided to weld them up in stages and grind the weld where its penetrated back so theres no interruption to air flow :)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 08:55:23 am »

Rob

super clutch have been awesome :) so helpful its unreal! only killer was that it seems bolts to mount the clutch are extra so ive had to spend another £18 on them.....for £600 worth of clutch youd have thought mounting bolts were included  ::)

it was on your recommendation i spoke to ttv :)

and todays progress:

got my flange and clamp through for my waste gate so stripped the old one off the manifold ready to make up the adapter :D

heres a few comparison pics....old one was a hks 40mm and the new one is a hks 60mm :eek:

That´s acutlly pretty cheap for a twinplate clutch,

I could use one of thoose twin clutches for a Impreza

And your project is looking great :)

/Skassa
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 08:59:42 am by Denmark »
working on the boxer