Author Topic: Shower injector bias map  (Read 3839 times)

Offline Sprockets

• BHP: 5
Shower injector bias map
« on: August 27, 2014, 01:31:41 pm »
Hi all,

Not entirely sure which section this should belong in, but decided to place it here so mods please move if needed.

Currently working on several bike engines (still in the bike!) which have secondary injectors mounted in the airbox in a shower form above each throttle body.  I know VEMS supports a very basic switch point configuration for secondary injectors, but I was kinda hoping for more.  The OEM and other aftermarket ECU's use a 'bias' map for the secondary injectors working with Load and RPM as the axis and a percantage bias figure as the final lookup.  So if you had a value of 10% at 70% Throttle and 7000rpm, it would split the fuelling 90% primary and 10% secondary.

Here is a simple version from an R6 ECU.

So my question is kind of a 'is this sort of feature in the current firmware road map?'  followed soon after with a 'Is there actually a firmware roadmap???' 

I really enjoy using VEMs and would like to bring it to the motec dominated motorbike world if possible, but with every major sports bike using this arrangement, it's kind of hard to push it.

Thanks for any information.

-Gavin

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Re: Shower injector bias map
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:55:25 pm »
I use on lot of N/A car for hillclimb 2 injectors per cylinder without problem. Driver doesn't feel the switching point if you put correct values for rate and transient fuel. I usually use around 300cc for primary, 930-1000cc for sec.

Offline Sprockets

• BHP: 5
Re: Shower injector bias map
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 02:59:21 pm »
Thank you for the info MWfire.  Now its getting to the colder part of the year, I will use mine as a test mule over the winter and see what the results are.

Cheers

-Gavin