Author Topic: subaru trigger settings  (Read 32458 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Re: subaru trigger settings
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 10:23:39 pm »
Things are happening on the Wiki side  ;)

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 09:40:34 am »
from the wiki side..

We yesterday tried to see if we can fix the trigger problem, when cranking, as it´s almost impossiple to start the car(it´s firing totally random,but it will suddenly , after 5min with cranking burst into life, like there is nothing wrong.
We tryed to scoop the trigger input a pin3 on the lm1815, and the output on pin12, but the scoop is not picking up much on the output, so the scop is not fast enought to pick the spikes up(4000pkt/sec),
We could then only try some differents things,

We mounted a 3.3kohm pullup on both the cas and cam, buth then the car gives no idication of being willing to try to start.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTEN THING TO GET TO WORK, as it´s this is not something that can be lived with

I would like suggestions to make this work fast!.

Can it run on a 4-1wheel, as i then can remove 3 teeth, or can the vems not read this as weel?, or do i have to make a 36-1 wheel?

thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2008, 05:52:48 pm »
today i mounted a potientiometer on both cas and cam ,to ground, to make pulldown,
But it seems random how long it takes to start the car
Can any of you that know comment on if this triggerwheel looks like it can be read be a VEMS ecu, as i dont have more time to mock around, with a car that cant start probbely, becourse of the vems not being able to read the oe trigger wheels like i hoped it could,but cant.

If so i will get one made!

working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 12:21:15 pm »
i have just gotten this made, so if anything else fail, this is the working sulution,
I will put this on the Impreza i´m working on now, so the customer can get his car back.
then i will try to see if we can figure out how to make the cranking problem go away on my own car.

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 02:41:46 pm »
Nice work on those trigger wheels - I think people will be interested in them they should work for any ECU that supports 36-1.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 02:48:41 pm »
Yes i could pretty easy get them made onto a new subaru oe wheel, that is also really cheap, as i just ordered some.

But it would still be the nicest to find out wha´t the course of the cranking trooble is, mayby it could be the wideband that interfear when cranking, i will find that out tonight,if that is the course ,then i hope for the vems software to be changed so the wideband first will start, after the car is started.

I will know more tonight..

/Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 05:24:02 pm »
I did not get it to work with the oe triggerwheel on the Impreza, so tonight i will mount one of the 36-1 wheels that i made,
So i hope and pray, that it will work straight out of the box :)

Then when i get the time, i must work with the oe trigger again on the Legacy,

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2008, 09:37:36 am »
I have mounted the 36-1 triggerwheel that i got made, and it works perfect, so this is the easy sullution,
I still have the advance problem , so something else must have changed that,
I will upload the 1.0.77 firmware, and load one of the first configs that i saved, as this could not have been present when i was at the "ring",
I will go to the ring again in 2 weeks, but i have to change the clutch first, the new V-power we just got in this country, fried my clutch, as it could take 8 more degreese advance over the regular 98octane....

But this is offcourse a good thing ;D

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2008, 02:48:09 pm »
I´m seeing that your getting some advance measurement problems even with a 30-1 setup and a cam sensor?
If you have the cam sensor wouldn´t it be easiest to just run sequential?

Offline Denmark

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 08:11:34 am »
The Impreza have got a wastedspark coil, so i´s not possiple to run sequential...

It must be something that have madea change in config somehow, that is causing this, so i will try to upload a old file to see if it behaves again..

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2008, 11:58:29 pm »
I´m beginning to think the Focus Zetec 2.0 2000MY is having similar problems.

I wasn´t able to scope it today but I did scope the base timing as 77deg TDC as dead on.
My light might be fooling me though, as I had to use the 2stroke mode to get the rpm´s right.
And then did the advance check.
As I don´t remember what timing I was looking at at the time It might be wrong?
Should it have been 5deg off then? As in 72deg if I had 10degrees in the map at the time?

I´ve been mapping it to a solid 0.82 lambda at WOT and around 100kpa, but I´m up to 40degress of timing at higher then peak torque area and it´s still picking up some pace in the higher rpm´s
Is my 40 turning out as 20degrees cause the car doesn´t really feel like it´s performing as hoped?
Or if I was using 15degrees for the timing check it´s actuallu running 7.5degress wrong base timing so my 40 is actually 32.5??

I know I need to take a dummy light back and have a check to double check just wondering if there is some sort of an issue going on.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2008, 08:22:00 am »
It could be a problem like mine,

I will start from scratch again, with the new 1.0.77 firmware, and start over, to see if i can get it working again.

If your car is NA, i would suggest to lean it out a bit, as that can give you some power,
On the BT20v Corolla i made, that made the most HP at around lambda 0.88...
And there was a big difference , when leaning out..But watch out for knock

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2008, 09:22:23 am »
The trouble is that both these cars are using wasted spark - which is known to cause problems with timing lights with advance and RPM calculation, and 1.0.73 is probably the most used firmware.  All the Corollas are using it, lots of Fords and these are running wasted spark.

This is not to say that you are wrong, if there is a corrupted version of 1.0.73 floating around then we have some serious issues to sort.

Rob

Offline Denmark

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2008, 09:36:44 am »
I have also been using 1.0.73 on other cars ,without problems.

My timing light is not a fancy one, there is just the light that flash when the indutive feeler on the sparkplug wire, feel the spark.

On my, i belive it to be something to do with the subaru trigger setup, but after i have changed it to 36-1, the problem is still present, i´m also not sure that the problem have been there seens the startup of the lagacy, but the problem have come along the way, strange when i belive that the only thing i have changed, is the fuel,ignition and lambda maps, but also changes to idle control.

I have then downloaded the config, and uploaded it to the Impreza, and then the problem was there, the strange problem is that the next tank of fuel i used on the legacy, only lasted 280km, were it used to be 430km, so there the ignition retard had taked place.

I have seens written 63 degres in the  igniton table, and have gotten some of the performance back.

But i will now start with new firmware, to see if that fixes the problem.
But how do upload the new firmare without the old date still being there??
even if i dont upload  the config, it seems to fit what was resently in ??

/Skassa
working on the boxer