Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Good Grounding

(1/5) > >>

[email protected]:
Grounds are a much under estimated part of any ECU installation, just count the number of ground wires on your standard ECU if you don't believe me ;D
Because of the way we isolate the delicate sensor grounds from the noisey ignition and control grounds it is ESSENTIAL that the grounds are grouped correctly.  It's always best to explain using an example, and thanks to Damo we have the perfect example of a good grounding setup:

Wires are all joined securely 10 to 15cm outside of the unit.  It is possible to use a longer wire after the join (of >6mm2) if a suitable grounding point is not within reach.

ex-ctr:
so where should it be grounded to, i have the battery in the boot and i have run a 35mm2 positive , grounded the negative in the boot but also run a 25mm2 negative cable to ground next to the ecu from the battery then intended to loop through to the cylinder head, is this wise

[email protected]:
Theres a big cluster of ground wires next to the ECU.
I'd use that.
The trouble with multiple ground wires is the possabilities of ground loops, strange things that I don't understand, but fear in the same way as I fear Sharks.
Rob

Paz:

--- Quote from: [email protected] on February 27, 2007, 07:32:32 pm ---The trouble with multiple ground wires is the possabilities of ground loops, strange things that I don't understand, but fear in the same way as I fear Sharks.

--- End quote ---

I feel compelled to say, that is the funniest thing ive ever read.  It makes me laugh every time.

dnb:
I have to agree with you - it's excellent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version