Technical > Wiring & Sensors

'Cross talk'

(1/3) > >>

kkh:
Hi Rob

Have you see any "Ignition and Fuel Pump cross-talk" like described here: http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FFSTeamDelft with any of these firmware versions?

I'm prety sure I experienced the same with 1.0.73 (from VemsMT?1.0.73) with 14x16.

regards
HansK

[email protected]:
The only time I've ever seen anything like that was when I did a plug-in adaptor for the Toyota Corolla.  When ever the power was applied the spark would go crazy and when you pulled power the VEMS would stay powered.
We cured this by using a flyback diode on each of the relays, and tieing the grounds together 12cm from the end of the EC36 plug.

Rob

kkh:

--- Quote from: [email protected] on March 25, 2008, 09:56:53 pm ---The only time I've ever seen anything like that was when I did a plug-in adaptor for the Toyota Corolla.  When ever the power was applied the spark would go crazy and when you pulled power the VEMS would stay powered.
We cured this by using a flyback diode on each of the relays, and tieing the grounds together 12cm from the end of the EC36 plug.

Rob

--- End quote ---

It is a corolla, but I do think it's a sw problem.
I did get it running on an other ign.output (using single coil), but I'll change firmware anyway course WBo2 does not start by it self (works fine when using "mde02").
It would be nice to keep 14x16 though when going above 8k.rpm.

HansK

[email protected]:
Corollas have horrible grounding, what trigger are you using?

kkh:

--- Quote from: [email protected] on March 26, 2008, 07:23:23 pm ---Corollas have horrible grounding, what trigger are you using?

--- End quote ---
I know, and I did make a new wire-harness and good grounding but I'm using the original 4-tooth trigger to save time  ::)  but as you also wrote some time ago on VEMS.hu the triggersignal is too close to TDC so I'll change to 36-1 and waste-spark.
How many degrees before TDC should the missingtooth be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version