Author Topic: 1.0.78  (Read 33925 times)

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: 1.0.78
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 08:22:43 am »
Some how I worded my post wrong, I was thinking more of the lines of having a lambda and or other gauges in the 2d VE table.
I like that format when tuning and not the 3d view.

right now I have to go in and out repeatedly

All eyes are on Phil Tobin's new GUI software as a solution for the piss-poor tuning software we're mired with. ;D

Rob

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 11:19:57 am »
Rob - is there a reason why in the XML files, the sparkTable has been renamed advanceTable?  Also, the lambda MAP and RPM bin names have changed...  (Annoying for those of us who rely on these names in our analysis software!)

BTW I have added code to my analyser to normalise GEGO corrections to a fixed temperature so that better VE table tuning is possible.  It also gives a corresponding new table for MAT enrichment.  I'll be testing it tonight.

Offline Sambas

• Sandwiches
  • BHP: 15
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2008, 11:25:35 am »
Rob - is there a reason why in the XML files, the sparkTable has been renamed advanceTable?  Also, the lambda MAP and RPM bin names have changed...  (Annoying for those of us who rely on these names in our analysis software!)

They got renamed for MLV compatibility
Firmware, Software and Hardware

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2008, 03:41:03 pm »
If there's a list of changes (other than those I've mentioned), I'd appreciate it!

Offline Sambas

• Sandwiches
  • BHP: 15
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2008, 06:13:17 pm »
also AFR side has changed like "lambdaTable" to "afrBins1" and output channel from "afr" to "AFR(WBO2)"
Firmware, Software and Hardware

Offline lugnuts

• BHP: 2
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 03:18:18 am »
Rob and others,

I'd like to say a big "Thank You" for your efforts here. I don't get in here much but I do get a ton of valuable information here.

I'm attempting to sell these things for a living, and a useable, "non geek" GUI is critical.

I will gladly offer any input and testing that I can.

If someone wants to help me with some changes I am trying to make, I would pay them for their efforts. 

I'm mainly interested in streamlining and un-geeking the look and function of the software. I have done some work already (organized tuning and output functions better, added help, got rid of coolant bins and other useless settings), but I am not nearly an expert.

As for hotkeys and useability, I'm used to Autronic software - with which I would challenge anyone on the planet to tune an engine as quickly and effectively.

About Phil Tobins new GUI - does anyone here talk to him personally? De we have his blessing to use the program (or is it exclusively for m---squirt?)

His Megalogviewer program is excellent and I would like him to be involved with our projects.

Kevin
Lugnuts9 (AT) MSN (DOT) com

Offline Bat

• BHP: 8
    • Trucking site
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 11:18:48 pm »
Hi,
I have to say, I'm with him! ^
The VEMs tune looks good and should do things like FW update easily compared to what we have now.
Unfortunately we don't seem to know who's behind it or when it will be completed?
Realistically speaking it doesn't matter who does the software as long as it is user friendly :)
Have we got any programmers on this site with a few spare weeks to knock something up? ;D
Cheers,
Gavin :)
VEMs Authorised Installer / Re-seller. K head kits for A series now available!

WB/EGT gauges. Click here for customers write-up 

Visit www.doyouneedabrain.co.uk

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 12:46:01 am »
I emailed Phil when I saw his software and he was all for implementing VEMS into it.
I don´t know where it is at the moment but his software looks very promising,
known as Tunerstudio, He did tell me that he´d have a working setup soon enough.