Author Topic: Cam Sync Configuration  (Read 5687 times)

Offline MTRacing

• BHP: 4
Cam Sync Configuration
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:58:23 pm »
Greetings!

I'm finally getting free time to work on my project 69 Camaro again and need more information on setting up the cam sync.  I'm configuring my VEMS to be able to run COP and full sequential injection using an MSD #8514 hall effect cam sensor with a 60-2 VR crank trigger. 

The location mentioned in the wiki with cam sync information  http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=Genboard%2FManual%2FInputTriggerCamSync does not link to anything.

Any help regarding more details on initial set up would be helpful.  I'm just a few weeks away from FINALLY firing this beast up!

Thanks!

Mike

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Cam Sync Configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 05:29:38 pm »
For almost every sync trigger I've ever come across the raw value 25 (0x19 in hex) will do the trick.

In all honesty you might as well setup the cops to fire wasted spark and the injectors to fire in sequential order to get the car running - then you could consider running the secondary trigger and get things running sequentially - but I don't believe you'll see any difference.

Offline MTRacing

• BHP: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:14:35 pm »
Rob,

Thanks for the feedback. 

I most likely will follow your suggestion to get the motor up and running but want to enable more features as I move along. 

Is there a thread or link to a documented set up proceedure for any cam sync sensor?

The motor is already at TDC on number one cylinder and the crank trigger is correctly installed per the manual.  I'm looking to orient the cam sensor correctly at this point, if possible.  Other EFI systems I've seen want the cam sensor to be installed taking into account initial timing advance as with a distributor. I'd like to learn what VEMS is looking for during the initial set up.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Mike

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:14:06 am »
The sync is very simple - when VEMS sees the sync signal it resets and starts counting through the injector and ignition cells again.
Because we are able to define the order of the injection and ignition sequences we can sort pretty much any sync point.
The only rule is that you can't have a second trigger pulse at the same time as a crank trigger pulse.