Author Topic: Primera with ITBs  (Read 45422 times)

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Primera with ITBs
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 03:47:41 pm »
Personally I'd suggest getting the thing running on a standalone first, then swapping in the ITBs, minimising the size of the task by breaking it into simple steps.

Offline G-man

• BHP: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 04:34:56 pm »
Personally I'd suggest getting the thing running on a standalone first, then swapping in the ITBs, minimising the size of the task by breaking it into simple steps.

funnliy enough that was gonna be my next question....whether it would make sense to swap over to standalone first or not...sounds like a good plan that....

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 11:19:24 pm »
Its how I did it on my car :D

Offline G-man

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 10:30:54 pm »
pin out diag of the factory ECU....

would there be a need for extra sensors or something for the PAS as well

Offline G-man

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 10:53:40 pm »
also to add at present the high cams switched on by the use of a Greddy MSS, which hooks onto the RPM signal going into the ECU, so when the MSS reaches the preset value for the revs, the cams come on, intake first and then exhaust, (can be set to come on together if needed) I assume with VEMS I should be able to do the same?

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 11:18:38 pm »
That pin-out is fairly straightforward...
My primary concern is that when the exhaust cam swings, the base timing will move.  How does the stock CAS overcome that?

Offline G-man

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 08:58:16 pm »
pretty sure there is nothing special within the Dizzy the disc as I mentioned is very similar to the one posted in the other FWD Nissan thread on here...

the dizzy is the same as the one on the DE engine, and I am also using a remapped DE ecu...far as I know when the cams kick in, they like the timing to be advanced quite a bit...as Jez was saying how advanced the timing was even in the map that he downloaded from my spare VE ecu. will try n find out if there is anything special that may need to be done when the hi cams kick in, but am sure its all about fuel and timing within the map...

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 09:54:17 pm »
I supose you can counter the change in the ignition map, it would be interesting to see what happens in reality.  Can you gun the ignition and cause the exhaust to swing at idle?

Offline G-man

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 10:08:38 pm »
Can you gun the ignition and cause the exhaust to swing at idle?

sorry ya lost me with that one....how do ya mean?

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 12:20:39 pm »
Yeah, I suppose that was written in that language I only understand (I'm often doing it)
As you have an adjustable device to cause the cams to swing, can you use a timing light to see if the base timing changes if you activate the cam that has the distributor connected to it?

Offline G-man

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 08:18:54 pm »
Yeah, I suppose that was written in that language I only understand (I'm often doing it)
As you have an adjustable device to cause the cams to swing, can you use a timing light to see if the base timing changes if you activate the cam that has the distributor connected to it?

ah right get ya now....so in essence, change when the cams kick in to a lower RPM then when checking the timing rev over that level and see what effect it has on the base timing?

Offline G-man

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 09:04:33 pm »
dunno if you've read this... How the VE works

apparently the base timing will only jump if I am too far out with the switching points and the curves are too discontinuos

Offline G-man

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 09:29:27 pm »
some more pics of the engine bay as is...

Offline G-man

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 09:52:47 pm »
ok heres a pinout for the S14A 200sx, (borrowed from the sxoc) not sure if the loom I have is similar to this or for an earlier 200sx.

now looking at that most of the important (I would say) pins are in the same position as on the Primera...

ie

CAS postions all four are in the same pinouts
TPS in the same pinouts
3 of the injectors are in the same pinouts, the s14 seems to be missing the 4 injector in that diagram...though as 112 is empty could just be a case of it being missed accidently.

far as I can see most of the ECU grounds and Power supply pinouts are also in the same place...

will write a full list side by side to make comparison easier...will also check with David if the loom is based on the above diagram

Offline irishtwincam

• BHP: 9
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 10:07:09 pm »
Is your ex manifold 4 into 1 or is it 4 into 2 into 1?

If 4-2-1 (not 4-1) Which primarys merge?

1&3, 2&4
1&2, 3&4
or
1&4, 2&3

I'm curious how this differs from the stock manifold!