Author Topic: Porsche 911 Carrera 3,2 170kW/231PS motorcode 930-20, help needed  (Read 16547 times)

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera 3,2 170kW/231PS motorcode 930-20, help needed
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:09 pm »
agreed with rob.. get the bosch coil.. why buy a standalone to be held back by stock parts later.. keep the stock ecu then.
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 04:19:37 pm »
do it once. and do it right the frist time.. it cost alot more to redo things. if i had a dollar for every time i tell someone this id be retired.

think about it.. you making a harnees.. this harness will be heat shrinked.. you want to change wirirn and add stuff into a harness thats done.. just do it right the first time..

then when your done you will posting.. thanks guys for making do it right.. i love my vems
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline Ignitec

• BHP: 7
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:41:01 pm »
do it once. and do it right the frist time.. it cost alot more to redo things. if i had a dollar for every time i tell someone this id be retired.

think about it.. you making a harnees.. this harness will be heat shrinked.. you want to change wirirn and add stuff into a harness thats done.. just do it right the first time..

then when your done you will posting.. thanks guys for making do it right.. i love my vems

It's hard to persuade people :) Make fully sequential setup with all the options you might use later... After that, you can easily cut wires you dont need, instead of adding more wires you need :). Make harness for 6 injectors and COPs, wire all inputs, leave wires for spare outputs, don't use distributor if you don't have to, use hi quality wires, good grounding, good shielded cables for triggers (use both of them, if there isn't oem sectrig, you make something), and do it the first time, you'll save a lot of money, sweat, blood and tears.

When somebody come to me to fix some bad setup, it almost always finish with new harness, and cost a lot more than it would if was done as it should for the first time...
If you have everything under control, you\\\'re not fast enough!

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 06:14:13 am »
IMO Mac-B want to leave stock harness. It is possible an doable. VEMS can run batch injection and maintain dwell for distributor. Not so much downsides, especially from distributor.

Offline Mac-B

• BHP: 0
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 08:27:37 pm »
I finally orderd it now. All preparations done.
Bought a used DME just to have a connector to the original harness.
I added a TPS, a MAT and the WBO2, all with existing wires.
Waiting for the ECU, it will probably arrive next week.

Keep you updated.