Author Topic: Vems Warranty  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Tony C

• BHP: 8
    • Capriracing
Vems Warranty
« on: April 20, 2007, 06:21:52 pm »
Hi Guys,
i have couple of guys who are interested in using a vems ecu,
and they have asked if the vems carries a warranty, if so for how long?

P.S also have someone interested in defecting from a megasquirt ecu to vems  ;D

Vems Ecu, Twin Plenum efi and N2o
13.314 @ 104.39 mph (10/06/07 3.9 v8)
Sponsored by: www.caprisport.com & www.interpart.biz
Web site: http://www.capriracing.co.uk

Vems Firmware: V1.1.74

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Vems Warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:12:13 pm »
Warranty is a tricky one, because this is a motorsport item and can be used and abused in so many ways its tricky to offer the standard consumer grade warranty.

Instead we offer a 'fair-use' warranty.

Each ECU that gets supplied to the UK (when I place the order) gets sent to me so that I can configure the unit, and do a number of tests to ensure that the system is working (this is on top of the testing that gets done in Hungary - there they do a system test, here I do a user test). You will get a calibration sheet so that we both know the configuration of the system and the various calibration values.  I also calibrate the wideband sensor which is a bit of a daunting task for a first time installer.

So I know that the customer is not getting a lemon, and the customer knows that they've got a system that works.

If the customer then wires up the system and fails to connect the grounds properly even after they've been warned, told, and threatened, then we can't offer a warranty.  We can fix it pretty cheaply (about £30).

If theres a problem like we had with yours (the air temperature input pin had a dry joint) then its our fault, you got an exchange unit, I've got a spare 'donkey' unit that I use for testing.

I dont think anyone can say fairer than that?

BTW, VEMS is the logical step for MegaSquirt users, they'll understand the software, and have a good grounding on the technololgies of engine management, but will find that VEMS is a complete finished unit.

Rob

Offline Tony C

• BHP: 8
    • Capriracing
Re: Vems Warranty
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 08:42:42 pm »
i agree mate,
i have forwarded this link onto them so they can read it word for word, plus i dont cock it up on re posting the wording back to them ;D ;D ;D

(P.S what needs replacing on my board mate for the fuel pump????
as want to start getting it ready for ignition control (and have it set up as per delivery from you layout wise)  and if im correct we have the pump on an ignition channel, pin 30 something if im correct)

Vems Ecu, Twin Plenum efi and N2o
13.314 @ 104.39 mph (10/06/07 3.9 v8)
Sponsored by: www.caprisport.com & www.interpart.biz
Web site: http://www.capriracing.co.uk

Vems Firmware: V1.1.74