Author Topic: Injector staging: Rate to calculated PW  (Read 4043 times)

Offline bcool

• BHP: 0
Injector staging: Rate to calculated PW
« on: October 12, 2009, 03:48:52 am »
We went over this a long time ago and the information i recived on the subject seemed to be wrong as the exact opposite of what i was told worked for me. haha. I'm switching over to 1600 for primaries as im going to be running E85 and i require the extra fuel demand. So the injectors will be matched(1600cc primaries and 1600cc secondaries). I could never figure out the Rate to calculated PW formula. Is there any clarification on this? Also is there a firmware upgrade that is safe for me? I know i have a "special" release that enabled staged injection, i saw note that a later release also included it as well.

Thanks,
The always lost and confused Brendan
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:50:28 am by bcool »

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: Injector staging: Rate to calculated PW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 07:43:16 am »
Late reply, I know. I just saw this post.

If you can hold out a month or two, the new firmware/tuning software release should completely take care of this situation.

For same size injectors it *should* be 0x20 (in Hex) or 32 decimal for the rate to calculated PW in 1.0.69-1.0.78 firmwares, which IIRC yours is 1.0.74 or close to that.

There was a point where we changed it from a compile time option to a config enabled option, but I don't recall exactly what version that happened at.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo