Author Topic: wideband outputs relay switching etc  (Read 8817 times)

Offline leesturbo

• BHP: 0
wideband outputs relay switching etc
« on: April 22, 2007, 03:49:52 pm »
can the vems wideband and egt gauge/controller be configured to switch a relay on a set condition?
i.e switch the relay above 900° and above 12:1 afr ?
so i can create a alarm signal or input to ecu to reduce boost etc?

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: wideband outputs relay switching etc
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 05:49:07 pm »
We have the electronics in place to do this, but the software triggering is not yet in place.
I will pass this through as another interested customer requesting the triggering feature and we should hopefully see it in the future firmware release, which should have a number of the fixes and changes requested by people on this board.

Rob

Offline leesturbo

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 07:29:18 pm »
We have the electronics in place to do this, but the software triggering is not yet in place.
I will pass this through as another interested customer requesting the triggering feature and we should hopefully see it in the future firmware release, which should have a number of the fixes and changes requested by people on this board.

Rob
Nice 1 rob, what output is available that is mentioned (5A solenoid output)?

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 07:45:29 pm »
Thats the one, initially it was proposed that we'd have a Boost control system in there but the diversity of solenoids, wastegates and MAP sensors meant that this was probably a hiding to nothing, so it was dropped. Theres no one doing WBO2 and EGT in one 52mm gauge anywhere near the price...

Rob

Offline leesturbo

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 08:07:33 pm »
Thats the one, initially it was proposed that we'd have a Boost control system in there but the diversity of solenoids, wastegates and MAP sensors meant that this was probably a hiding to nothing, so it was dropped. Theres no one doing WBO2 and EGT in one 52mm gauge anywhere near the price...

Rob
the gauge is nice but for some not essential, where as a signal / action is  ;D
i'd pay more for this feature  ;)