Author Topic: nice features to have "request"  (Read 145978 times)

Offline RazOn

• BHP: 0
Re: nice features to have "request"
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2016, 08:40:21 pm »
Thanks for the idea! That's a nice "fix"  ;)

When you look at the big picture though, it would still be nice to have dedicated features like that. Just makes the product seem more "mature".

For big time flexibility it would be nice to have a "custom logic" section, where you could write simple expressions (eg: (speed1>30) and (gear=1) and (tps>80) ).
The result of the expressions could drive the status of internal variables (with custom labels so you can assign meaningful names for them).
These variables could then be used to drive outputs, enable/disable features, scale variables or be part of a bigger control logic.

The basic engine config and trigger setup.... I think it can be done in a simpler more intuitive way...other people said the same thing.

For warmup, idle control and ignition advance (maybe other features) it would be nice to have all the settings and real time feedback on one page. There are many individual things that work in parallel and affect the final result... it's not easy enough to figure out just which "module" has more of a say, at which point in time.

Then, it should be smart enough to do some things by itself:
-turn off closed loop EGO control when the auto-tune in on
-auto-calculate req fuel (all necessary parameters are entered... except fuel type).
-default to max baud rate when trigger-logging. Also have a note right on the triglog page that says you need to crank the engine for min 8 sec.

Those and many other things that once you know them, it's "easy"... but as a newcomer there is a lot of googleing that's needed :) no reason why it can't be done in a simple intuitive way.

Bigger maps (16x16) would be nice for high boost/rpm applicatio

I say V4 board, big CPU and memory... then go crazy with autotune/ pattern/ self learning algorithms for boost control, warmup, accel enrichment, etc

Offline wersch

• BHP: 1
  • ECU installer in Sweden
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2017, 06:16:53 pm »
Would be great to have fuelpressure connected with the map scale so you can get a true value and use the fuelpressure for a safety function in the ecu.
Like: Fuelpressure = fuelpressure sensor - MAP

it works already..

Also a fuelcut if the lambda isnt following target when boost increases.
(Like the Maxxecu function)

fuel cut for that wrong, trim boost or rev limiter ok, I think it could be done year ago, it just needs lamda parameter as control source

A off delay of the warning lamp output would also be great so the lamp keeps on a few seconds after the event.
Can be hard to notice some times when driving.

Error log would also be great!
Maybe could be inplanted if you have a memmorycard in the ecu?
Then more people would buy the sd card

Hi kamuto
When you say that the differential fuel pressure function already works how is this achieved?
I have searched in the wiki and the software but not found any good info on this.
Please explain ;)

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2017, 06:50:17 pm »

that one?
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline wersch

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2017, 07:43:33 pm »
No that feauture only works with vems differential sensor as i understand and that sensor is not a good solution with E85 fuel.
I want to use any sensor and that the ECU makes the calculation of the diff.pressure.
It´s a really easy function so this couldn´t be hard to implement in the programming code

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2017, 08:33:25 pm »
No that feauture only works with vems differential sensor as i understand and that sensor is not a good solution with E85 fuel.
I want to use any sensor and that the ECU makes the calculation of the diff.pressure.
It´s a really easy function so this couldn´t be hard to implement in the programming code
yes I may be wrong :))
anyway as I understand it should be this one https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/honeywell-pressure-sensor-100psi-p-167.html if that channel is calculated inside of ecu... not sure about that sadly..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:40:22 pm by Kamuto »
[email protected]

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2017, 02:48:36 pm »
checked it with vems, it works with 700kpa sensor :) not diferential one, calculations are made in ecu :)
[email protected]

Offline wersch

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2017, 07:24:06 pm »
That´s great news! Thanx Kamuto  ;)
But i noticed that i couldn´t use it on the warning light or the misc output channels?
Without that it´s not so functional as i want an alarm if the fuel pressure drops

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2017, 08:49:51 pm »
That´s great news! Thanx Kamuto  ;)
But i noticed that i couldn´t use it on the warning light or the misc output channels?
Without that it´s not so functional as i want an alarm if the fuel pressure drops
why you cant use it? and again you are overcomplicating things, you can use analog input voltage on warning light + better use it in anytrim to trigger rev limit :)  :) btw, update first to 1.2.36 at least :)
[email protected]

Offline RazOn

« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2017, 07:00:03 pm »
To detect Gear based on speed/rpm we could have an "Auto config" button instead of entering km/h@5000rpm.

Simply put it in 1'st gear, drive, hit the auto setup button for 1'st hear;
then put in 2'nd gear, drive and hit the auto setup button for 2'nd gear.
Repeat for other gears (each gear would have it's own auto setup button next to the current speed entry box)

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2017, 07:32:35 pm »
To detect Gear based on speed/rpm we could have an "Auto config" button instead of entering km/h@5000rpm.

Simply put it in 1'st gear, drive, hit the auto setup button for 1'st hear;
then put in 2'nd gear, drive and hit the auto setup button for 2'nd gear.
Repeat for other gears (each gear would have it's own auto setup button next to the current speed entry box)
good luck... seems it's really hard to look at the log and write down values :)
[email protected]

Offline RazOn

« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2017, 05:54:55 am »

Yeah, it's not hard to "write down values" but to taking a car in 6'th gear to 5000rpm so you can take a speed reading is going to be....illegal ;)

An "auto config" button could make perfect calculations at lower speeds. You wouldn't have to hold 5000rpm.

Besides, this is "nice to have features" thread, not the "absolutely necessary features". I think it's a better way of doing things, I simply expressed my opinion :) But yeah...feel free to debate or disagree :)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:32:48 am by RazOn »

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2017, 10:07:12 am »

Yeah, it's not hard to "write down values" but to taking a car in 6'th gear to 5000rpm so you can take a speed reading is going to be....illegal ;)

An "auto config" button could make perfect calculations at lower speeds. You wouldn't have to hold 5000rpm.

Besides, this is "nice to have features" thread, not the "absolutely necessary features". I think it's a better way of doing things, I simply expressed my opinion :) But yeah...feel free to debate or disagree :)
using laptop when running is illegal too :D anyway you can easily calculate the gears even without starting a car :)
http://www.boosttown.com/gearbox_differential/speed_calculator.php
[email protected]

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2017, 02:35:21 am »
Maths ;)

D = Wheel circumference
G = Overall Gear Ratio
V = vehicle speed

300 * (D / G)  =  V

example
1st gear> 300 * (1.508 / 8.896) = 51kph
2nd gear> 300 * (1.508 / 5.893) = 77kph
3rd gear> 300 * (1.508 / 4.305) = 105kph
4th gear> 300 * (1.508 / 3.444) = 131kph

Maybe that should be included in the help file?.....................
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:42:06 am by Sprocket »

Offline RazOn

« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2017, 07:40:09 am »
Yes, we should also use abacus. Why bother with calculator :o

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2017, 02:10:38 pm »
Yes, we should also use abacus. Why bother with calculator :o
your shift cut stuff was serious problem which could affect overall performance and so on.. adding some stupid wizard which magically configures your gearbox, really, nobody cares :) there is much more important stuff to do and every request of that kind delays these important things.
[email protected]