Author Topic: nice features to have "request"  (Read 140048 times)

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: nice features to have "request"
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2015, 03:01:19 pm »
I have one on my desk here., used to run our GT1 Aston's, its one hell of a ECU.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2015, 03:55:19 pm »
so, what about an analog input menu?
yesterday I was maping a car where we are using 7 analog inputs, we needed one more input, so I had to write down on notepad where which input are used and for what because now they are all around in menu9s, it would be nice if current menu would be different, somehow like, all analog inputs in one place, and every input had selectable menu for what they are used + when inputs are selected and used for something like anytrim control anytrim menu should be in calibrated values not milivolts like it is now, it really needs do some calculations in your head until you understand what fuel pressure you have at something like 1500mv :)
ANinp0:launch
ANinp1:fuel pressure
ANinp2:pps1
ANinp3:AN_volt_0-5
ANinp4:egt
ANinp5:egt
ANinp6:antilag
ANinp7:oil pressure

+ when there are multiple inputs selected like egt it should trigger warning light if any of these inputs exceeds selected temp limit.

+ mux inputs, with that there will be total mess in the ecu   

+ mux inputs, with that there will be total mess in the ecu :)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:02:51 pm by Kamuto »
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2015, 06:20:10 pm »
Hello Kamuto,
You mean like inputs->input channels (but then with all inputs allocated) ? That should not be to hard.

when inputs are selected and used for something like anytrim control anytrim menu should be in calibrated values not milivolts like it is now, it really needs do some calculations in your head until you understand what fuel pressure you have at something like 1500mv :)
Displaying calibrated values as anytrim axis is also doable

Best regards, Dave

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2015, 06:26:14 pm »
Hello Kamuto,
You mean like inputs->input channels (but then with all inputs allocated) ? That should not be to hard.

when inputs are selected and used for something like anytrim control anytrim menu should be in calibrated values not milivolts like it is now, it really needs do some calculations in your head until you understand what fuel pressure you have at something like 1500mv :)
Displaying calibrated values as anytrim axis is also doable

Best regards, Dave

I mean input0<> dropdown menu(all possible selections, egt, pressure0-10 bar, launch, als, map switch)
            input1<> dropdown menu(all possible selections, egt, pressure0-10 bar, launch, als, map switch)
[email protected]

Offline wersch

• BHP: 1
  • ECU installer in Sweden
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2015, 08:44:15 pm »
Would be great to have fuelpressure connected with the map scale so you can get a true value and use the fuelpressure for a safety function in the ecu.
Like: Fuelpressure = fuelpressure sensor - MAP

Also a fuelcut if the lambda isnt following target when boost increases.
(Like the Maxxecu function)

A off delay of the warning lamp output would also be great so the lamp keeps on a few seconds after the event.
Can be hard to notice some times when driving.

Error log would also be great!
Maybe could be inplanted if you have a memmorycard in the ecu?
Then more people would buy the sd card

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2015, 09:40:05 pm »
Would be great to have fuelpressure connected with the map scale so you can get a true value and use the fuelpressure for a safety function in the ecu.
Like: Fuelpressure = fuelpressure sensor - MAP

it works already..

Also a fuelcut if the lambda isnt following target when boost increases.
(Like the Maxxecu function)

fuel cut for that wrong, trim boost or rev limiter ok, I think it could be done year ago, it just needs lamda parameter as control source

A off delay of the warning lamp output would also be great so the lamp keeps on a few seconds after the event.
Can be hard to notice some times when driving.

Error log would also be great!
Maybe could be inplanted if you have a memmorycard in the ecu?
Then more people would buy the sd card
[email protected]

Offline Sam8888

• BHP: 0
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2015, 08:33:35 am »
It'd be nice to have a HUD function in VemsDisplay app. For example, you put your phone to the dasboard, and the phones screen is got mirrored on the windscreen (Just needs to have a mirror function). With adjustable night & daylight backlighting for example.

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2015, 02:26:23 pm »
The overrun fuel cut to be enabled equally with TPS below a choosen level (say 3%) not just the idle level.

Offline gunni

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2016, 11:21:57 am »
I want to be able to export view groups as single files , lets call them worksheets
I want to be able to save my current view groups as a single file, lets call it a workbook.

I want to be able to apply filters to channels in a particular sheet specifically, in the whole workbook
I want to be able to make and export math channels as files

Offline Leonhard

• BHP: 0
Request for fixed idle VE and ignition settings
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2016, 11:05:38 am »
Often there has to be reserved a wide area within the VE- and ignition-table for stable idle (speed-density strategy).
But most of this area is also used for driving. In order to keep this area tunable for proper driving, a fixed idle setting for VE and ignition would be very helpful.
The current idle strategy using IAC valves/steppers and ignition advance/retard is working well, but should be selectable to a fixed VE and ignition value.
Switching to separate lambda target (ego-correction) for idle would be favourable as well. All other functions like afterstart, warmup etc. could work with these idle settings as before.
My suggestion would be expanding the “Idle Control General” menu by:

Idle Ignition Advance
(If set to zero, ignition table is used)

Idle VE
(If set to zero, VE table is used)

Idle Lambda Target
(If set to zero, ego-correction is disabled)

Thanks

Offline fphil

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:21 am »
LIMP MODE- Mostly to open the subject.

- When to go to limp mode?

- Which limp modes ?

Per ex. one case to jump to limp mode could be when primary trigger and secondary rigger events go out of sync.
The following limp mode could consists of: engine stop, engine resync ignition advance set>0, boost=0 etc ..; this in order to protect the engine and not to be stuck in the traffic.

One may think to some other cases ...

Offline gunni

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2016, 09:37:11 pm »
Some more stuff .

X/Y plots.
more detailed PID information (the P, I and D for idle control and boost control represented as % of duty cycle )

Better graphical representation from non curve information, for instance Refpos addition for MAT, Slope, this could be represented as a curve (so you don´t edit the curve but you see the results as a curve, same for Idle afterstart rpm added value, rampdown time etc etc, this doesnt have to be represented in the menu window but could be in a group view tab along with other "curves" (already exists for general curves)

Offline fphil

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2016, 03:45:39 pm »
Some small stuff

- After editing a config, we should get an alarm "Please close any parmeters window" when asking to save the edited config.
As we may have experienced the change of a window are not saved if the window is not closed after the change.

- Menu Boost Control/PID settings/Apply max DCuntil -
Could we get the value of -10kPa or so (who is using -90kPa value anyway?)

- BTW I do not fully understand the function of PID Overlap Range, in particular the meaning of
"Forever means always PID"
Are the limits done by "PD control (far from target)" and "PI control (close from targert" switched off in this case?  That is the control simply done by a standard PID once the limit done by "Apply max DC until" reached(this would be ok).

- a new Anytrim function: AC switched of when boost greater tan some limit.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:30:58 am by fphil »

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:24 pm »
Some small stuff

- After editing a config, we should get an alarm "Please close any parmeters window" when asking to save the edited config.
As we may have experienced the change of a window are not saved if the window is not closed after the change.

- Menu Boost Control/PID settings/Apply max DCuntil -
Could we get the value of -10kPa or so (who is using -90kPa value anyway?)

- BTW I do not fully understand the function of PID Overlap Range, in particular the meaning of
"Forever means always PID"
Are the limits done by "PD control (far from target)" and "PI control (close from targert" switched off in this case?  That is the control simply done by a standard PID once the limit done by "Apply max DC until" reached(this would be ok).

- a new Anytrim function: AC switched of when boost greater tan some limit.

I believe there is much more important things to do ;)
[email protected]

Offline fphil

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2016, 06:53:59 am »
 ;)