Author Topic: nice features to have "request"  (Read 140081 times)

Offline Sam8888

• BHP: 0
Re: nice features to have "request"
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2017, 07:01:13 pm »
To have Acceleration enrichment TPS scale. Accel enrichment scaled by the amount of throttle opening. (Like RPM scaling, but with TPS value)

To have clt dependant revlimit. For example: above 105°C revlimit to 3000, and under 50°C 3500
anytrim

Yeah, i found out that the new 1.2.38 firmware have the coolant sensor in the anytrim. Tried out, works!

Although the AE TPS scale would be nice to have.

Offline Sam8888

« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:04 am »
Another one: idle ignition control max rpm. For example set to 1300rpm, so above 1300 it doesn't retard the ignition when off throttle.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2017, 09:41:00 am »
Another one: idle ignition control max rpm. For example set to 1300rpm, so above 1300 it doesn't retard the ignition when off throttle.
that's a good one
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2017, 09:14:30 pm »
To have clt dependant revlimit. For example: above 105°C revlimit to 3000, and under 50°C 3500

I know Sam8888 has already configured this, but I made a video on how to set this up for anybody else looking/wondering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSv3B0C6_dA
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline Sam8888

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2017, 09:25:36 pm »
When using dual wbo, it'd be nice to use them as back to back sensors for safety. Same injectors for both sensors, same location in the exhaust pipe. For example at 3% diffence between the 2 sensors measurement, flash check engine or something.

Offline Sam8888

« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2017, 07:39:11 pm »
One more:
Cylinder separated ignition trim. For example: cyl 5 is more likely to knock, you can retard that cyl by 2deg overall (or add rpm and kpa limitiation for the retarding), and add 2 more to the whole ignition table, that would result in more power.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:40:57 pm by Sam8888 »

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2017, 11:02:56 pm »
One more:
Cylinder separated ignition trim. For example: cyl 5 is more likely to knock, you can retard that cyl by 2deg overall (or add rpm and kpa limitiation for the retarding), and add 2 more to the whole ignition table, that would result in more power.

Cylinder separated spark delay under base settings?...............................

Offline Sam8888

« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2017, 09:42:16 am »
One more:

Cylinder separated spark delay under base settings?...............................

Yeah, but you can give advance in it? I mean it shoud go negative then, but vt says out of range... Also RPM and kPa limitation isn't there.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2017, 12:08:05 am »
One more:

Yeah, but you can give advance in it? I mean it shoud go negative then, but vt says out of range... Also RPM and kPa limitation isn't there.

if the table is called delay table, so maybe it is retarding ignition with positive value in table?
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Sam8888

« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2017, 01:44:47 pm »
One more:

if the table is called delay table, so maybe it is retarding ignition with positive value in table?

I think you misread what i wrote. I'm ok with the ign retard, but what if i want to add more advance to specific cylinders? The value should be negative then.
Although, it is possible, by retarding all other cyl's, and adding more advance to the main ign map, but that's not too elegant.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2017, 02:13:08 pm »
One more:

I think you misread what i wrote. I'm ok with the ign retard, but what if i want to add more advance to specific cylinders? The value should be negative then.
Although, it is possible, by retarding all other cyl's, and adding more advance to the main ign map, but that's not too elegant.

Your original post suggests that you want to retard one or two cylinders away from knock so that you can tune the ignition table for MBT on the rest of the cylinders. You can achieve this with the Cylinder separated spark delay, all be it without your KPA or RPM thresholds.

Goal posts are moving  ???

Offline Sam8888

« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2017, 05:08:08 pm »
Traction control - add maximum slip percentage(relative) to anytrim so it'd be adjustable by rotary switch or pot.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2017, 12:54:17 am »
Overrun Min MAP

Move IACV from Ref position to increase MAP if below a Min MAP threshold.

• With large injectors, in overrun, I am seeing pulse width drop to 0.6ms with lambda of scale lean (fuel cut disabled) almost like fuel cut. Are the injectors even opening?
  • MAP sensor does not read below 20kpa. Overrun Min MAP could keep MAP above 20kpa. Good for tune.
  • More air good for emissions
  • Extract from Manufacturer workshop manual The ECM implements over-run fuel cut-off when the engine speed is above 1600 rev/min with engine at normal operating temperature and the TP sensor in the closed position, i.e. the vehicle is ’coasting’ with the throttle pedal released. The ECM indexes the IACV open slightly to increase the air flow through the engine to maintain a constant manifold depression to keep emissions low.

Offline Sam8888

« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2017, 02:18:40 pm »
VemsDisplay Android app:
Be able to play a warning sound when CEL occurs.
For example: lambda goes lean, CEL activated, phone plays buzzing sound to warn driver.

Offline Sam8888

« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2018, 09:50:18 pm »
One more:
If warning light occurs, when i hover the mouse on the flag, it could show the cause of the WL.