Author Topic: How To :- Display photo's, Video's & Screen Shots in this Forum  (Read 13986 times)

Offline Agriv8

• BHP: 4
Please note that photo's and Video's CANNOT be cut and paste into the text of Messages on this forum.

To do this :-

1) You will need to set-up an accout with a provider, such as Photobucket (www.photobucket.com) - very painles to set-up.

2) Then you will be able to upload your photo's and Video's onto there server for safe keeping (10 Gig storage, I think).

3) Once you have an account follow the online instructions to upload images to the photobucket website.

4) Once uploaded, cut and paste the 'image line' description from the Photobucket site onto the text of the message you want to display.

and thats it.

Screen shots

If you wish to take a 'Screen Shot' ( think of it as taking a picture with a digital camera of your screen ) from your PC
To do this
1) locate the 'Print screen' or some times 'Prt Scr' button ( you may need shift for pc keyboard OR func for laptop keybaord at the same time)
2) You then open MS paint ( accesories ---> paint )
3) Select paste from the menu and ( if you want to be flash you can even crop the image )
4) save it as a .JPG and upload the saved image to your photbucket account as above.

Hope that makes Sence if not shout up, somtimes a picture saves a thousand word and when you type as slow as me that can take a while . :P

Regards

Agriv8
'The older I get the faster I was'

Offline DANLOLASDAD

• BHP: 3
Re: How To :- Display photo's, Video's & Screen Shots in this Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 07:43:09 pm »
Could we get the forum on Tapatalk that would be cool ;-)

Offline turbojoy

• BHP: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:10:03 am »
Hi,
I'm new so sorry if what I say does not make much sense.
The way explained to upload photos/pictures/movies is not as good as it likes.
All those sites (like photobucket) erase the pictures after some amount of time.
Or the user removes them as he needs the space for others.
This led after some years to a forum where all the pictures change in a small icon with a red cross.
Meaning: picture/photo gone.
In that way the valuable info is lost.
The best way is to upload the picture/photo directly to the server where this forum is hosted.
In that way the info will not be lost as long as the forum lasts.
Ok the space can be a problem, but the pictures/photos can be scaled to a proper resolution to reduce the amount of used space on the hdd of the server.
Just a thought...
Regards,
Turbojoy

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 09:53:15 am »
Hi Guys,

Each Vems user can upload pictures to the Vems server under MembersPage directory and link to this on the forum, use the http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=FileArea, for instructions on how to make it happen.

Best regards, Dave