Author Topic: Problem with VEMS onDragCar  (Read 12557 times)

Offline autoVeltiosis

• BHP: 0
Problem with VEMS onDragCar
« on: March 19, 2010, 01:23:42 am »
Hello everybody,

I face a problem that at the moment can't be solved in VEMS MembersPages and for that reason I would like to try and find any usefull info here.
I use VEMS V3.6 on my dragcar powered by a cbr1100xx engine. Until now the engine was running on four carburetors plus nitrous and the performance was very good (8.7sec@402m). I turned to fuel injection and VEMS in order to use all the extra racing features (like launch control, shift cut, etc) and be able to have a more precise engine control.

In the past (1.0.73 firmware) I was using MegaTune software with no problem.
At the moment I use the VemsTune0.10.20(2010.03.08) and the firmware uploaded on VEMS V3.6 is 1.0.73.

The ignition is DUMMY type. The ignition outputs are set to 01..00 and invert driver output and dual output mode are disabled. One coil is nonnected on ec36-pin34, the other one is connected on ec36-pin36.

The problem is that the ignition outputs are not firing as they should (I use the test function through VemsTune). Sometimes both coils fire together sometimes they don't fire at all. I belive the config file http://www.vems.hu/files/AutoVeltiosis/v3.3_n002710-2010.03.17-14.28.02.vemscfg should be checked and corrected.

I found out that while I was trying to test the InjGroup? 7 the shifter was activated. So the outputs are all messed up.

Also the injector Group1 is not funtioning through the test button (VemsTune).

Config files can be checked at http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FAutoVeltiosis.
I have tried several firmware version with no uccess. I also tried several config changes and the problem remains.

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Re: Problem with VEMS onDragCar
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:41:21 am »
in config i see stepper D and I4, strange.
Why witdh of tooth 20, not 360/12=30?

Offline autoVeltiosis

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 03:14:34 am »
What would be the right values in your opinion. I will test them tomorrow morning.

Offline autoVeltiosis

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 03:27:08 am »
Is there any possibility, because of the firmware changes, that the outputs are messed. I want to upload a firware and set the ecu from the start. Everytime i upload a new firm and try to do that the outputs are messed. For example the ignition outputs ec36-pin34 and pin36 are not working properly. The strange thing is that before my first firmware change all outputs were working properly. Is there any way to get the ecu to full reset like it was when sent to me?

Offline MWfire

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 03:28:17 am »
try 1.0.78 or 1.0.79 if you use vemstune.
1.0.73 is old firmware.

Offline autoVeltiosis

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 03:40:46 am »
I will do tomorrow morning. Thank for your quick replay. Lets hope that this would solve the problem although I am not very confident after all the troubles I faced. Its a pity because after all the ecus I have tuned in my workshop this one seemed very promissing. I hope I proove myself wrong.

Offline autoVeltiosis

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 03:32:02 pm »
Today i tried the 1.0.79 and 1.0.80 and when i try to upload any new config I get the message OUTPUT COLLISIONS. That seems very intresting because in the dialog box that appears there are many channels that have collisions with others. For example idle valve with ignition (thats happening in reality). So channel collisions must be the problem. Any ideas for that?

Offline MWfire

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 03:42:52 pm »
Today i tried the 1.0.79 and 1.0.80 and when i try to upload any new config I get the message OUTPUT COLLISIONS. That seems very intresting because in the dialog box that appears there are many channels that have collisions with others. For example idle valve with ignition (thats happening in reality). So channel collisions must be the problem. Any ideas for that?
Change idle valve to correct output channel and others outputs.

Offline autoVeltiosis

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 07:18:21 pm »
I believe that all outputs are messed. It's not only one output. Is there any way to program the VEMS from the start to be completely clean. I dont care for my old settings.

Offline autoVeltiosis

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 07:27:42 pm »
I ahve tried to upload or download config file and I get messages fr missing values etc. When I try to upload a new firmware I fail (its not a matter of comport or boot). Is there any way to get the ecu back to stock?

Offline MWfire

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 07:35:59 pm »
I ahve tried to upload or download config file and I get messages fr missing values etc. When I try to upload a new firmware I fail (its not a matter of comport or boot). Is there any way to get the ecu back to stock?
I can send you good config for new version of firmwares 1.1.6x.
If you want upload 1.0.73 you need to put upload speed 19200. Old firmwares use speed 9600.

Offline autoVeltiosis

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 08:39:00 pm »
It would be great if you can send (my mail is [email protected]). I have turned back to MegaTune for the moment. I use firm 1.0.79alpha. My problem is that the trigger wheel I use N-3 (12-3) and new firm can't work with that. I will upgrade to N-1 or N-2 next week. At the moment when I run MegaTune i get a message for ini file and incompatibility (2.1kpa / 2.2kpa). At least i have all outputs working fine again.

Thank you very much for your help.