Author Topic: Round V1 Gauge Fault  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Poloace

• BHP: 0
Round V1 Gauge Fault
« on: March 05, 2021, 12:58:21 pm »
Hello,

Can anyone confirm the maximum voltage the round gauge can take? I used a car mains powered jump starter on my kit car and it put 20V on the battery later I found me Round wideband gauge was not functioning.

I have managed to dismantle the gauge ( I can see it is potted and not really suitable for repair) I was hoping that may be I had just killed the voltage regulator on it  could you advise its part number.

I have equipment for SMT rework so should be able to repair, desperate to get it back on car as was in middle of tuning prior to UK MOt test.

Best Regards

Alan

Offline Poloace

• BHP: 0
Re: Round V1 Gauge Fault
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 03:40:21 pm »
I have tested on the bench supply with psu replacing the 78L805 5v reg however in removing the hard potting glue over it I have damaged and remove the top of th epart next to it, its either a transistor or another voltage regulator can anyone help with a part number it is a 3 pin part ( looks like a sot23 component)

The gauge when running on the PSU I can now see it on VEMS but the LED on the display is a bit dim, I have also added 12v onto the inputs in case they direct feed anything else.

Would be nice to be able to fix this so I can get on with testing tomorrow.

Thanks