Author Topic: enabling camsync makes ignition pause in cycles  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Machismo

• BHP: 0
enabling camsync makes ignition pause in cycles
« on: June 22, 2023, 12:48:01 am »
I had a single coil with a distributor which worked perfect and now I converted it to sequential ignition.

Meaning I have 8 coils which are controlled by eight +5V logic outputs. But to do that, the camsync needs to be enabled, for which I added a secondary hall trigger that is in a dummy distributor.

The engine is a even fire V8 so there is a steady flow of sparks to each cylinder. My primary trigger is 60-2 on the crankshaft which has worked very well. And when I take a trigger log when using a starter to rotate the engine it looks like this.

but with the camsync enabled, vems decides to first give spark to first four cylinders like it should, then it pauses for some unknown reason, and then (too late) it activates the ignition to the rest of the four cylinders. and then after that another pause. So basically the engine runs only 1/4 of the time. Why is this happening? As you see there are no green lines at all for a period of one crank rotation, so every second rotation there is no spark at all.

3.6 board
firmware 1.2.44
config 1.2.42
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 10:51:34 am by Machismo »

Offline Machismo

• BHP: 0
Re: enabling camsync makes ignition pause in cycles
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 10:55:49 am »
Here is the firing order, I mean it sure is strange, why on earth would Vems with cam-sync want to stop in the middle of the firing order list and have a break? It makes me think this is some software bug.

Here are the secondary trigger settings, let me know if something is not right

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: enabling camsync makes ignition pause in cycles
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 11:37:44 pm »
that's because it's not getting cam signal
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]