Author Topic: Looking for a 1/8" BSPT weld-in stainless boss  (Read 7332 times)

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
Looking for a 1/8" BSPT weld-in stainless boss
« on: May 21, 2007, 03:40:01 pm »
I have decided I ought to not have a bodged toegther EGT system now the car is together nicely, so I want to weld a couple of 1/8" BSPT "holes" in my manifolds.  (They are too thin to tap on their own)

I'd prefer to buy something ready made (and cheap!) as I am short of time, but I do have a 1/8" BSP tap if I can find a bit of stainless bar or thick wall tube, or even a fitting I could drill out and retap.  The root diameter of 1/8" BSPT is approx 8mm.  (sorry for mixing units)

Thanks

Offline Agriv8

• BHP: 4
Re: Looking for a 1/8" BSPT weld-in stainless boss
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 03:52:30 pm »
have you tried local pirtek depot (hydraulic hose co ).

Got quite a few ods and sods fitting from them, thinking that they may have a nice adapter fitting that you could Bast*rdise and weld in,

Regards

Agriv8 
'The older I get the faster I was'

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:00:48 pm »
The problem with living on the Isle of Wight is that my local suppliers are limited :(
ie no Pirtek depot.  The local independant hydraulic place is very good (they did a load of PAS stuff for me last year), but they don't carry stock of stainless fittings.

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 01:36:39 pm »
Problem solved.  I spent 20p on a length of thick wall stainless tube from the local scrappy.  I can generate the required bosses from this very easily. :)