Author Topic: clutch line lock - talking rubish down the pub  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Agriv8

• BHP: 4
clutch line lock - talking rubish down the pub
« on: May 28, 2007, 12:11:39 am »
Its looking possible that I might be going to my first drag event ( a run what you brung ).

If I am going I obviously need to get my launch control sorted ( I can sort that ).

but while talking rubish with a few mates I pointed out that I can set my rpm for launch control but clutch control is still left to the left foot.

So here is the throw away question (probably lots of reasons why it would not work ) I run a hydraulic clutch slave if I was tho press the clutch down and 'line lock' it ( through some sort of celanoid  had dealings with these on braking systems - brands hatch !! ) when the lights change hit the release button ( in combation with the RPM limmited lauch cintrol ) seems like a recipy for a swift getaway

Regards

Agriv8
'The older I get the faster I was'

Offline se7ensport

• BHP: 6
Re: clutch line lock - talking rubish down the pub
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 10:41:50 pm »
It would give you no quicker release of the clutch than if you slipped your foot off the side or bottom of the pedal and dumped it.

my understanding of launch control is that you hold the botton down, rev the engine (the launch control holds the revs at a suitable launch RPM i.e. 3500), you dump the clutch when you want to go, you get minimum wheel spin and as you think you are at optimum traction you then release the launch control allowing the engine to rev to it's normal RPM limit.

Cheers

Alex