Author Topic: Daihatsu Charade GTTi Vems install.  (Read 31676 times)

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: Daihatsu Charade GTTi Vems install.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 03:56:25 pm »
That it won't start is not caused by the ignition lock, it's in the configuration. I haven't been able to do offline changes to your config since it confuses VemsTune, there were several things that needed to be looked over.

You should be able to start it but you could lock the ignition to 20-25 degrees and do a base VE tune.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 04:22:29 pm »
It's like 50 Euros + shipping for them to look over your board, fix the serial number. Just make notes of what you want done and it's there. That's not much of a hassle.
Analog inputs, wheel speed input instead of the PS/2 connector, look over the trigger inputs, ..  that would be good for your board.

The configuration had several things that needed to be looked over. You should not have to do many changes to the fuel settings to make it start, adding several 100% is just insane.  You must use good defaults, your VE map was terrible and just random data so fueling was catastrophic. You had injector staging configured and not used. Lambda table was not setup correctly, neither was MAT/TPS enrichment. MAP correction table was random data too.

While online to your ECU, open this config and upload :
http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage/Daihard/mattias-proposal-2010.12.19.zip

Offline andreNL

• BHP: 8
    • My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 07:02:16 pm »
Big Thanx, gonne see if it starts on your config tomorrow,  ;D
I couldn't figre out how to disable staging  :-[.

I have sent a email to the shop maybe Marcel has a solution for the serial number.
Cheers
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:04:28 pm by andreNL »

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 12:49:19 am »
You need to program the CPU via the ISP interface (parallel port cable, etc.) and upload a new bootloader hex-file. I'm not sure Marcell will send you one, if he does - congratulations. You still have to figure out how to upload it, it's in the Wiki.

Because of all the errors in your config earlier, I have to suggest that you slow down - go through all dialogs, think about the purpose of settings and tables. Don't just blindly crank the engine.  If I was you I would start with no power to the injectors, and verify that the ignition occurs on all cylinders at the correct time, preferrably make markings on the cam shaft gear and use a strobe light.

Offline paul_f

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:55 am »
You need to program the CPU via the ISP interface (parallel port cable, etc.) and upload a new bootloader hex-file.

If someone has the ability to make a counterfit VEMS, then uploading a boot loader with a serial number is not going to be a challenge is it?

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 11:15:25 am »
Sort of - its a built-in feature of the AVR to stop copyright infringement.
I know that there's at least one run of a copy of the v3 that's been done, strangely enough they've not dented the market much, LOL!

Offline andreNL

• My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 12:06:08 pm »
I have board number 122 version 3.2. When i got the board evrything needed to be done by the serial connection Using my make to upload the files i stil have them on my old pc somewhere.
I Uploaded a txt file with the settings of a microtech ecu from a australian bloke having the same engine and heavily modefied.
Vems started out because people of megasquirt didnt want to make a full ems.
In first people ( students and DIY enthousiast) builded there own PCB's Thats why the layout there on the site available for download. The biggest problem where the availabilty of circuit board parts, processor Igbt and fet are not sold or only in big orders, so marcel took this part on to his shoulders and together with jurgen and a couple of other people they developed Vems to a full ems platform. Its nice to see the project developed so well, i Hope the DIY spirit is not being pushed a side for commercial interest. Ofcourse if people Using the designs in commercial projects the guys should bennefit for there efforts and hard work.
Cheers andré
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:19:59 pm by andreNL »

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 01:37:50 pm »
The bootloader unfortunately can't be fixed through the serialport.

Offline andreNL

• My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 07:25:17 pm »
Marcel is helping me out with the bootloader issue  ;D ;D ;D :-*

Rethinking all options what can be wrong,
I wired my V+ for injectors, coil and WBO2+ all from a single wire, 15amp fuse and relay
can it be that these together pull voltage down.
It would explain why i need so many mSeconds to open the injectors.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:07:07 pm by andreNL »

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 08:55:19 pm »
The developers are asking for a terminal command output, can you do that?
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=IssueReports%2FVemsTune

Offline andreNL

• My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 07:54:41 pm »
ManmdV command?
I'll give you a report tomorrow,
Marcel sended me the Boot.hex and firmware 1.1.87  :D
I read your page on how to update the bootloader.
cheers andre

Edit: tried to flash the bootloader, but didnt succeed.
When i got home searced in google and found that i needed to instal a program to open a IO port voor AVRdude to flash the board. Try again tomorrow.
I also checked the cars ignition/starting wiring if evry stays powered on when the key is turned to starting position. This was ok ... fuel pump keeps running and ignition, injectors and WBO2 are energized.

Edit:: 24-12-2010
My board's bootloader is updated and it looks like its working fine.
i cant upload a config file because fw. 1.1.87 isnt in the webtool yet.
VT-comm models seems to see my board is still in boot mode,
however non-Comm models connecting fine to the board.
name and serial are in the downloaded config files available.
http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage/Daihard/avrdude_flash.JPG
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:09:10 pm by andreNL »

Offline andreNL

• My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 08:07:23 am »
Little update:
Some confusion regarding LowZ and HighZ setup.
Mixed some parts up because the board came with fet drivers soldered on the board,
Fet drivers are used in LowZ configuration, in HighZ the driver solder place pins are shorted.
Because i wanted HighZ configuration i soldered the diodes i opposite position, with the Fet drivers.
Soldered the LowZ diodes in serial.
WBO2 wasnt working well strange readings pump - wire broken.
cheers andre

Offline andreNL

• My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 06:28:56 am »
Update 27-1-2011

Yeah car started and run for a minute when the cam trigger tooth knocked of the hall sensor from its bracket :D

Before i removed the loom and board from the car for repairing the WBO2 pump - wire i checked voltage on the FET driver. Voltage was 0 at the supply pin. Reading the Wiki for information i found for driving the Fet's it needs to be higher then 6v and 12v is normal.
R154 on the back of the board on version 3.2 is the supply source of the drivers, and was missing.
I also soldered D14 and D27 wich i removed again because they give ghost triggers,
and R142 and C62 between pin 26 and 29 TPS supply and 5v wich i removed again because didnt see a point of pulling up voltage on the TPS wich works well on 5volts.
Finnely building the board and loom back into the car and tested the WBO2 wich still gave faulty readings.
Checking the pcb wiring from Pin 7 southbound the circuit to C50-C54 was damaged and giving the error.

Offline djcommie

• New Users
  • BHP: 1
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 08:27:33 pm »
Good to see a fellow Daihatsu running VEMS (I suppose you are on Daihard forums too...), I'm running a Feroza 1.6L with a 1.3L Charade cam and DeTomaso header on stock G102 ECU, but am going supercharged with a Toyota Denso SX14 supercharger (on all stock hardware except for the ECU and injectors) and running it in the 24 Hours of LeMons races. I ran the above spec minus the supercharger and won our class readily, so its a quite fast car.

Offline andreNL

• My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 02:21:24 pm »
Hi yes i'am on the daihard forum to trying to get my fellow daihatsu enthousiast on Vems to.
Its much easier for sharing information and ideas then do it all alone.
You running a feroza on a circuit or offroad race?
Searched for lemons but couldnt find it.
A 1.6 with a 1.3 ecu commenly used here i have the 3pot turbo :)
Nice to meet you on the forum
Cheers andré