Author Topic: Aprilia RSV1000 (60deg. V2) triggering (seems solved)  (Read 4832 times)

Offline PG

• BHP: 1
Aprilia RSV1000 (60deg. V2) triggering (seems solved)
« on: November 27, 2010, 03:40:27 pm »
Hi!

I try to find if anyone made V2 engine with vems, but i can't. Maybe I'm too lazy or too looser. So i have an Aprilia RSV1000 motorcycle. Firmware 1.1.85 , triggerwheel 36-1, and 1 tooth on cam for camync. It's a special V2 engine because the angle between the cylinders is 60 degree. So the first cyl fires than the second fires 300degree later, if i'm right. The problem is i don't know how to set trigger settings, Number of teeth on wheel is 35, first trigger tooth is 0 , Next trigger tooth should be 30.
reference tooth is 0 and 30? As i think. This firmware is new for me, I find cyl separated ing. delay, maybe this is for V engines? Sorry for being very amateur for this.
Before this I only made 4 cyl engine with 1.0.73 firmware, that was much easy.

Thanks for your help!

An amateur from Hungary..

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:42:39 pm by PG »

Offline Jorgen

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 500
Re: Aprilia RSV1000 triggering
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 07:07:21 pm »
Hi,

As this is an odd fire application I suggest that you make a memberspage on www.vems.hu and contact them directly after that so that you can get help with the application, odd fire applications are far from straight forward.

The setup you have suggested is sane, BUT I'm far from sure that it's an application that is currently supported. The firmware guys in HU will know and if it isn't supported they should be able to support it shortly.

Jörgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden.

Offline PG

Re: Aprilia RSV1000 triggering
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 08:35:56 pm »
Hi!

Thanks for the reply. But then why can we have reference tooth table?? because if it's always a straight application, then we don't need it due to the simmetric application. Then we just need number of the tooth and cylinders.
And than why is the cyl.separated spark delay? in crank deegre? Not so usefull for a normal engine...

Cylinder separated spark delay
All ignition output can delayed separately with 0..63 crankdegrees. said the help..

Another silly thing... if i use it as a normal 2cylinder line engine and delay the 2. spark 60degree?

Offline PG

Re: Aprilia RSV1000 (60deg. V2) triggering (seems solved)
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:40:04 pm »
Hi ALL!

I can't find anyone who used odd fire applications. I made a test pad, where a 36-1 trigger wheel was driven (by a polish machine :) ). I made a wiring for the coils, and use a strob light to check the sparks and the wheel position. FW 1.1.85. It's really work!!! No problem for a 60deg V2 engine. I found two solution.
1. reference tooth table, 0 and 6 tooth. The vemstune gives warning because the next tooth was not equal with the reference tooth, but it work without any problem.
2.Use as a straight engine, like a normal 2 cylinder engine, and use cyl.separated spark delay, and made for the second cylinder 60 deg delay.

The effect was the same.

Bye!